windows ce com port redirector?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows ce com port redirector?

has any one heard tell of this mythical beast? i run comfoolery on my main car pc which converts the feed from my gps reciever in to a feed on an ethernet port, i then use a windows based com port redirecter to to convert the ethernet based gps signal back into multiple virtual com ports. (just lets me run multiple gps applications with only one gps mouse)

what i'm looking for is a comport redirector that runs on windows ce. i can connct the ce device to the main car pc over the network (bluetooth or wifi) but would like to be able to creat a virtual com port on it that takes its feed from the gps on the main car pc.

hope that wasn't too confusing, can any one help?

GPSGate can run on Pocket PC. I'm assuming that means Win CE.

Comment

Originally posted by wi77iam
      GPSGate can run on Pocket PC. I'm assuming that means Win CE.
      nice, but not quite what i'm after. i need some thing to create the initial com port from the TCP port. i use comfoolery ( http://www.brianpoe.com/comfoolery/ ) to create the port and lantronix com port redirector ( http://www.lantronix.com/support/uti...tor/index.html ) to create the multiple virtual com ports. what i need is the equivelent of the lantronix redirector that can run on CE/pocket pc

sorry i was a bit unclear on my first description.

Comment

Originally posted by lazarus
        i run comfoolery on my main car pc which converts the feed from my gps reciever in to a feed on an ethernet port, i then use a windows based com port redirecter to to convert the ethernet based gps signal back into multiple virtual com ports.
        I want to do the same thing you are doing. Could I get the name of the windows based com port redirecter software that you use please? Or does any body know of any?
        CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
        Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Working...
        X