Serial GPS and Epia M9000 problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial GPS and Epia M9000 problem

I have installed my system in the car and thought everything was going fine when I 'lost' communication with my com port on the return leg of a long journey. My navigation software (destinations ltd Navigator) said it could not find the GPS port so I checked with my GPS test software and that said it could not either. I had the com ports in the BIOS set to auto, and my next job is to take a keyboard to the car and set them to use fixed standard resources, but has anyone else had a problem with the com ports just 'moving' or disappearing like that? From one leg of my journey to the next I didn't plug or unplug any devices, so I don't see why any resources should have been re-assigned..

The setup I was running was M9000 powered by Morex 60W, 30GB 3.5in HDD, Belkin USB programmable keypad XP pro and Garmin GPS25.

Steve
    ....Yes, I know it has a stupid name, those crazy Japanese!

bump
    ....Yes, I know it has a stupid name, those crazy Japanese!

Comment

I've had all kinds of problems with the serial port on my M9000, but I'm trying to connect OBD not gps. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. I tried reflashing the BIOS with the newest version. That made it work again for awhile.

Comment

Working...
      X