BU-303 not working inside, it does outside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU-303 not working inside, it does outside

As I said in the other BU-303 post, I get today the gps unit running, but it takes only the satellites when it is outside the car everywhere. When it is inside, below the front window nothing, and I saw picture of it running in the same SEAT as mine in the same place.
    Why?
    Epia M10000
    PW80
    40GB 3,5"
    Touchscreen 7" Lilliput
    Still "housing" it.

Depends

It depends, if you have a Land Rover...forget it, it has heating elements on the front windshield. Try sticking it on the passenger door at the top where the glass meets the top of the door frame (it's magnetic).

Comment

I have the some GPS and it wont work inside the car, the front and rear windows shield the unit from the important gps sats

my unit is mounted on the corner of the trunklid and it works 100%

I plan to mount it inside my rear bumper (ie hidden) but that will take some time, so for the moment its a surface mount item and it seems pretty tough and the magnet is strong, it is also not mounted directly in the "wind" as its close to the leading edge of the trunk lid and it stuck on there at 260kph plus according to itself
      Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

damn why don't you guys just buy the one that is on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...712190975&rd=1

I've already bought 4 of these. they've worked on the following cars:
        Honda S2000
        Isuzu Rodeo
        Toyota Land Cruiser
        Mustange Gt (2000)
        Miata (2000)
        Dodge Stealth
        BMW 525i (2004)

These units are cheap and they work VERY well, and most importantly they work will ALL software because the use the NEMIA code thing

Cheers
        Carputer: 2.8Ghz P4, 512 RAM, 120gb HDD, WIFI, TV tuner, CDRW/DVDROM, Slot load DVD in front.
        Screen: Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Custom made Carbon Fiber Screen Enclosure)
        S2000 Carputer

Comment

believe it or not that link is for the BU303

I think its the windscreen that causes the problem !
          Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

I have mine mounted on the roof of my car it even survived a carwash, I hope it will survive the winter here with snow and ice.

Comment

Yes, that from Ebay is the one we are talking about, itīs really cheap there in USA.

I get it working under rear window, but not under the front one. Anyway it can get more power outside.
              Epia M10000
              PW80
              40GB 3,5"
              Touchscreen 7" Lilliput
              Still "housing" it.

Comment

Originally posted by SAScooby
                believe it or not that link is for the BU303

I think its the windscreen that causes the problem !
                Probably. My windshield has titanium in it, which ends up blocking most radio transmissions and so the GPS receiver won't work through it. Works fine outside though.

Comment

does anyone know if there's a way to attach an external ariel to these buggers, coz it's a pain in the *** having to hang the damn thing out the window.

so they're waterproof?

Comment

Yes they are waterproof

Comment

Working...
                    X