Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iguidance and Rand Mcnally GPS receiver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iguidance and Rand Mcnally GPS receiver?

Iguidance and Rand Mcnally GPS receiver? Will they work together?

I can't seem to make them work together? Is there a fix? Has anyone got it to worK?
    BossTone74

Is the GPS receiver on SiRF or NMEA mode. if it's in SiRF mode, iGuidance would not work. iGuidance will only work in NMEA mode.

You can use a program to switch the mode of the receiver. Be very careful as any wrong settings could render your receiver useless. You shouldn't need to change anything except from SiRF to NMEA and vice versa.

The program I use is called WinFast Navigator. It's a pretty cool program all by itself. It is made for my receiver, but works with any GPS receiver.

Comment

I believe it's already NMEA.
      BossTone74

Comment

Bump to the original question
        BossTone74

Comment

Are you sure? What other software did you tried to use with the receiver?

Comment

Copilot 2001, 2002, 2003, and Copilot Live, Rand Mcnallys software
            BossTone74

Comment

Originally posted by bosstone74
              Copilot 2001, 2002, 2003, and Copilot Live, Rand Mcnallys software
              hmm... They're all NEMA software.

What exactly is wrong with the receiver? could't get a lock? couldn't detect the receiver? Is this receiver a USB or Serial?

Have you tried it with the other software recently?

Comment

Yes I have tried it with the other software. It's a serial gps mouse. It works with other software, however when I went to the help section on the iguidance program itself it said that it would only work with the bundle hardware/software package.... and both you and I know that's not always the case, and I'm just trying to see if anyone else has got it to work with this receiver. So far this receiver has been on of the most versatile that I have used, until this point.
                BossTone74

Comment

that's bull.. I used my leadtek gps receiver that came with destinator and it works with iguidance.

Did you try using the auto detect option?

If worst comes to worst...guess it's a imcompatiablely problem. Try contacting iguidance, maybe they might have a solution.

Comment

Working...
                  X