No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on this package?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on this package?

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=GPSU-PB

I'm looking for a gps reciever and software and was hoping you could shed some light. I did search but didn't find enough...

thanks,

O
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

usually the bundled software sucks @ss so buy those GPS mouses that people get from eBay and grab a copy of Routis or Copilot and you'll be set...

I bought the Delorme Earthmate GPS combo with Street Atlas and it sucks...I now use the Earthmate with Routis, loving it!
    Lexus SC400
    Subaru WRX Wagon

Comment

Has anyone tried using a copy of copilot and get it to work? it's so expensive here. Registration is neccessary to get it to work right?

Comment

Originally posted by M^ck^y
        Has anyone tried using a copy of copilot and get it to work? it's so expensive here. Registration is neccessary to get it to work right?
        Registration is necessary to legally use the program.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

DarquePervert,

I know about registration to legally use the program, however I would like to know since i would like to have a copy on my desktop for tests(embedding and so on). Could anyone let me know if it is usable or not on 2 pcs at once?

Thanks

Comment

DarquePervert,

I know about registration to legally use the program, however I would like to know since i would like to have a copy on my desktop for tests(embedding and so on). Could anyone let me know if it is usable or not on 2 pcs at once?
            Why don't you ask the software company? They're the ones that know their EULA....
            At least their lawyers do...
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Copilot Live 7 being shipped and I should receive it by next week. I'll tell you how it goes. DarquePervert , thanks for the info. btw, congrats, you'll be reaching 100 posts soon.

Comment

DarquePervert,

Thanks
                CoPilot will NOT normally install on a second machine unless you deactivate it on the first machine. I installed Copilot on my work machine to play with it and then uninstalled it (but forgot to deactivate it). When I took it home and installed it it would complete registration but not activation and I couldn't use it. I had to contact their helpdesk and have them deactivate the product key code.
                EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Hey PiP, Thanks for the reply. It was the kind of proper answer i was expecting from those you have used co pilot. by the way , did you manage to properly embed en mediacar? You don't have to reply to this because i saw there was another thread for embedding

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X