BU303 On Ebay Be Careful

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU303 On Ebay Be Careful

Hey this ebay guy from Hong Kong has no clue how to return an email. I got the BU303 from him on ebay and it has not worked out of the box. Sent him 4 emails over a weeks time now and not a word back from him! For now I would say stay away although from what everyone says a working unit really kicks ***. After 2 minutes mine quites sending date to the computer

What's this guy ebay ID. There are several vendors on ebay that sell this receiver.
    Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?

Comment

gcheung

Comment

I bought my GPS receiver from the same guy. I have no problems getting it to work. Sorry to hear you got a bad one. Have you gone through the settlement process in PayPal? It might take a while but, you stand a chance of getting your money back.

Comment

Not yet, I filed one with the Ebay thing "SquareTrade". I am getting close to just filing one with paypal though.

Comment

Good luck, hopefully this won't discourage you in finding a decent GPS receiver. I do like the BU-303, lock time is fast and accurate.

Comment

Ya I know for those 2 minutes that it works it kicks *** . Ya I dont want any other brand I want the bu303

Comment

I had a bad experiance when purchasing the BU303. I got mine from techworldsg . I waited a month after I had paid before I finally got it. During that time I emailed him 5-6 times without a single response. Someone else in the forum also ordered the day before me and he had the same problem. I think this guy is from Singapore though.
                AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

I also got mine from techworldsg, took a couple weeks. I'm guessing all the emails are a waste of time, the person receiving them probably doesn't speak or read English anyways. Just gotta keep your fingers crossed that you'll get it.
                  1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

man that scared me.. i JUST purchased one too, but i got mine from gditech. i thought about who to purchase from and almost went with the gchueng seller, but ultimately decided on gditech because his shipping was less from california.

and he's already shipped it, and i purchased it last night. i've already got the tracking info too.
                    replicant
                    Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

I should just buy the other one he has on there but its a bit more than I paid for the first one

Comment

Freaky,

I figured what the hell lets break it out again and try it, one more time. The thing has been running for 20+ minutes now . I dont know what the hell is going on here. I would not work any longer than 2 minutes before. Now I just hope it works again out in the truck !.

Question does this thing have a rechargable battery or something in it. Maybe me leaving it alone for a few days did something?

Comment

No battery... it may be the USB plug. Make sure it's snug and secure. I made a mistake and didn't check my USB connection to my in-dash touch screen. When the touch screen didn't work, I had to remove my center dash and re-install then later found out the plug was not fully plugged it. Lessons learned...

Comment

I hate to say it but I am going to say it again

Most of these devices "mimic" a com port, the BU303 actually loads a usb -> serial driver "prolific" and gives it a conventional com port address, if you have any other software drivers that are not written 100% or something that conflicts and always wants the first available com port (typically 2 or 3) then you get these odd problems, like working for a few minutes, the BT drivers are legendary (according to me) for messing with com ports and touch screens and gps hardware ! ! with a bit of perseverence it all comes together !!!!!
                            Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Sory to hear you had a bad experiance. iv gust got a BU303 from pcmediastore. it works great. only issue i have is the "gpsinfo" software doesnot seem to work properly. On the GPS Info tab the Status, HDOP and PDOP dont get shown, also the bars stay red outline but it gives me an acurate fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X