Street Atlas 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Atlas 2005

Has anyone tried street atlas 2005 out yet? I believe that its made for higher resolution screens, if anyone's tried it, could you please rite or point me to a review? thanks!

Similr to 2004. I haven't compared it to another product like duleo or destinator. But I like it, I got the plus version because it has phone number and address listings, like 31 million or something. Its convenient, this way all you need to know is the name of a place, get the address, then use the nav. to get there. The plus version costs 80 bucks. It now has automatic re-routing. I use it with my Lilliput fine. I imagine you already looked at http://www.delorme.com/streetatlasusa/ ?
    or this: http://www.pitt.edu/~kconover/picks_and_pans.htm
    Sorry I'm of no more help, searched and found no reviews
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

if its anything like 2004, have fun using it on a 7" screen. I hope you got a big screen in your car.....

Comment

I had 2004 and liked it. I just got 2005 with my blue logger 2 weeks ago. 2005 is alot nicer. It has some features that 2004 was missing. Such as selecting audio output device and mic input device. Also the text is bigger and easier to read. I am using it on my laptop 14" screen right now. I won't have my Xenarc to try it on that for another week or so.
        The 2007 Scion tC + Infill G4 Project | DVDxml.com

Comment

How about the bread crumbs, can you turn them on/off or adjust the size. I am thinking about upgrading from 2004.
          It is really sad, 8 years ago I had MapExpert from them, you could turn on/off the crumbs, change size (3 selections) and host of other things, that product was really GPS orinted. I don't know why are they holding back from implementing that featur.

Comment

I was also wondering if this will work woth any GPS mouse, not just the bundled one.
            How in the world would you put the special AirPort card in a PC? Mine is a Mac anyway but it's too old to AirPort. I just use a zip drive to transfer.

Comment

all older one did -- 2005 ?

Comment

It's in the FAQ.

Q: Will my GPS receiver work with Street Atlas USA 2004?
                A: Street Atlas USA 2005 can track any NMEA 0183 v 2.0 compatible GPS receiver. Street Atlas USA 2005 also allows you to transfer tracks, waypoints, and routes to and from most Garmin and Magellan GPS models.

Note: Additional cables from the GPS manufacturer may be required.

Comment

from there web site

Q: Will my GPS receiver work with Street Atlas USA 2004?
                  A: Street Atlas USA 2005 can track any NMEA 0183 v 2.0 compatible GPS receiver. Street Atlas USA 2005 also allows you to transfer tracks, waypoints, and routes to and from most Garmin and Magellan GPS models.

Note: Additional cables from the GPS manufacturer may be required.

Comment

to quick for me

Comment

thanks guys.
                      How in the world would you put the special AirPort card in a PC? Mine is a Mac anyway but it's too old to AirPort. I just use a zip drive to transfer.

Comment

My BU-303 antenna works fine with it..

--mike
                        CarPC

Comment

i read from other's reviews that 2004 is really hard to read unless you have a big screen, but in 2005 they stated they they increased the fonts and stuff to make it easier to read, that's why i'm asking if anyone here has tried it. thanks for all the input everyone.

voidunknown: could you please let me know how it works out on your xenarc

Comment

Originally posted by pansyboy8
                            i read from other's reviews that 2004 is really hard to read unless you have a big screen, but in 2005 they stated they they increased the fonts and stuff to make it easier to read, that's why i'm asking if anyone here has tried it. thanks for all the input everyone.

voidunknown: could you please let me know how it works out on your xenarc
                            Will do. I can't wait! I am waiting for Zip-Lock to get back to me so I can order my Xenarc!
                            The 2007 Scion tC + Infill G4 Project | DVDxml.com

Comment

Get Delorme. I have both, the MS 2005 one sucks
                              1993 Mazda RX7
                              Dell Inspiron 8100 (laptop w/docking station)

Comment

Working...
                              X