Routis 2004 owners please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routis 2004 owners please help

I am having problems installing Routis 2004 on my system, the program installs fine but when I try to install the maps, it shows the install progress then when it gets about 1/3 done it just closes. When I try to open Routis and it tries to open the map, it gives me an error about missing map files. Az.bin, and (something)info.bin, and tells me to reinstall maps from the cd. Which then this happens again. I looked on the cd's with explorer and all I see is a Hawaii folder and some files.

Hope someone can help.

Asus Pundit, Celeron 1.7ghz, 256meg ram, windowsXP, 200gig WD
    How in the world would you put the special AirPort card in a PC? Mine is a Mac anyway but it's too old to AirPort. I just use a zip drive to transfer.

did you get a "free" copy off from the net? maybe some of the files are damaged, I had that problem before, it wouldn't load some states (I was just trying loading different states, don't remember specifically which ones failed). But it stopped happening once I bought a legit copy. Maybe try loading a city instead of a whole state, or try a different state than the one you're trying to load.
    '96 Chevy Cavalier - EPIA M10000, Win2K,MediaCar, Deluo GPS Mouse with Routis, 60GB external HD, 7" widescreen monitor from DigitalWW.

'00 Jeep Wrangler - planning stage

What can BROWN do for you?

Comment

Im going to try installing different maps tonight on my home pc, see if it has a problem then, I got my routis from ebay.
      How in the world would you put the special AirPort card in a PC? Mine is a Mac anyway but it's too old to AirPort. I just use a zip drive to transfer.

Comment

for me, with iguidance v2.0 (the same as routis)...when i get to disc2 maps. It seems like it hangs, but it just copies real slow. I kind of figured it was just because I have a really slow DVD rom drive in my carpc. Are you actually getting an error?
        --------
        mykolJay
        99 Accord coupe
        http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
        My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

well the install screen dissappears, and then when i try to load the app, it says map files not found, but hawaii installs fine, im trying other maps as we speak.

Comment

ok the only map that will install is hawaii, weak. Im sure its gonna be a ***** to get any type of return from an ebay seller.

Comment

When I installed the iGuidance, every time I selected another state to add, it seemed to become 'snaileyer' the time required for the program to accept each state was increasing, so when I had about 8 states loaded, it was like 5 minutes or so. I only installed the states that were relevant to my journey that I did in mid August. (California, Texas, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois) but after all was accomplished, it functioned correctly. The only DUH that I did was to ignore New Mexico wieh performing this, so when driving I-40 to I-25 I was always 'off road' because the mapping was inaccurate. I did this from a piece of garbage 8x CD player (creative) made in 1994!!!!!

Please note, however, the HUGE size of the states loaded, Cali, TX
              Carputer currently 'ghettoed' into car!!!

EPIA MII-12000
              Ampie Case with rigged extra USB
              Hitachi 60GB
              Holux GPS mouse with iGuidance 2.0
              Lilliput 7" touchscreen
              Netgear WG121 USB WiFi
              Carnetix P1260

Comment

Were they legit copies of the CDs or were they something that someone pirated? Although I haven't purchased any software on ebay I hear the statistics for how much of the software sold on ebay being pirated are quite staggering. If it is pirated there is a good chance that it was just burned incorrectly.
                AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Working...
                X