Street Atlas 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Atlas 2005

I noticed that Delorme came out with a new StreetAtlas and I was wondering how the new 2005 version compares to the previous 2004 and 2003 versions.

If the map quality is anything like the old versions, then I would stay away...
    mATX mobo
    2.4 GHz Celeron (prescott)
    512 MB RAM
    80 GB 3.5" HD
    Runnin off an inverter (for now)
    7" Lilliput
    Microsoft (Pharos) USB GPS
    Have yet to pull the trigger on a slim slot load DVD

Comment

You could check their website to see if they have screen shots or a list of changes. Street Atlas sucks for in-car use though. Routis/iGuidance is the best I've used so far.
      My Install Thread
      digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
      How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

There are a few screenshots here
        and here. I don't know what the previous version maps looked like so I don't know if it's better or not.

According to delorme, SA2005 has "IMPROVED ROAD LABELING, DIRECTIONS, AND SEARCHING".

Comment

Same old small-*** menus and settings. Don't get me wrong Street Atlas has it's place but it's certinaly not in a car on a 7" screen.
          My Install Thread
          digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
          How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

the only thing i really like about SA is that you can get the phone book(with yellow pages) on dvd and it works with the map. good for me since am on the road alot.
            '99 F-350 Crew 7.3L~'02 F-350 Crew 7.3L~ '04 Dakota SLT+ 4.7L
            MII12000opus120~MII12000opus120~MII10000opus150
            NA~Senao dual 7.4 ant~Orinoco Gold
            Pioneer~Pioneer~PG Octane-R R5.1MT
            Xenarc, Rikaline6010, Garmin OEM16 HVS, CoPilot10

Comment

All I know is that Street Atlas 2004 doesnt run on anything smaller than 800 by 600. Like someone said above, it doesn't work well on a 7 inch screen. I wonder if they made changes in SA 2005 to run on lower resolutions, or better yet, a compact version better suited to car setups.
              www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

i run SA2004 on my screen. hehe. yea it's a pain sometimes but i just have it on the dual view. works decently. the placement of road labels is annoying though cause it's not on every screen

Comment

Working...
                X