Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator on screen Keyboard

Hi,

I;ve got the xenarc touchscreen, media car and destinator 2 sdk embedded.

Question -

Although I can get routes without keyboard use, it would be really helpful to have an on screen keyboard popping up when I go to enter destinations.

Does anyone know how to achieve this. I know where the xp on screen keyboard is.

Also I haven't managed to get it in the car yet, but when I do, will DESTINATOR 2 sdk, with D3 maps give me audio directions ???

Cheers,

Matt

C:\PowerLOC\Destinator\Common\Interface\Destinator .inf

Change last section of the the line begining with : from 639 to 640 or higher.

As for D2 SDK with D3 maps, they will show you the position, but they won't allow you to route properly.

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
      C:\PowerLOC\Destinator\Common\Interface\Destinator .inf

Change last section of the the line begining with : from 639 to 640 or higher.

As for D2 SDK with D3 maps, they will show you the position, but they won't allow you to route properly.

Garry

Thanks, I'll try that.

I know the routing doesn't work, but you can find the place you want to goto by entering the postcode or street name, you can the enter the route by placing the cursor there.

I don't know what happens if you deviate from that route yet !?!

Comment

Damn smilies, that should be : : D (without the spaces )

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

nice info. Do you know how I can change the destinator screen buttons. I like to have the + and - zoom buttons larger in size. Can that be done, how? Are there other possibilities to change the skin?

thank you

aguila
          MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31991

Comment

I wrote a whole thread on tips for making destinator 2 to work on my composite LCD which inclused making text bigger buttons bigger and the voices louder and a few skins

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33509

Its a nice read and the same basics are for D3 version
            CarPC Status:
            GPS: 99%
            Hardware: 99%
            Software: 92%
            Case Install: 99.9%
            Dash Install: 100%
            Car Install: 72%

Comment

Working...
            X