Is my reciever the culprit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my reciever the culprit?

I just got a G-mate reciever and am using it with iGuidance. I notice though when I am crossing an intersection, iGuidance will still show me a good 50 yards of so before the intersection?

Is this just the typical delay it takes for the signals to get from the satellites and then back down to me?

Only reason this bugs me is when im driving down a street that has many side streets you can turn onto and when I look at the iguidance map im not sure if the street i want to turn onto is the one coming up or the one after that.

edit:

if that doesnt make sense, basically in real life I am DIRECTLY in the center of the intersection. I can even be at a dead stop directly in the center of an intersection. But when I look at the map it has me placed 50 yards before the intersection.
    My Carputer Project

Sounds like your GPS receiver. Mine (Magellan Sportrak Pro) usually keeps me within 10-15 feet of an intersection when using it with iGuidance.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaesar625
      Sounds like your GPS receiver. Mine (Magellan Sportrak Pro) usually keeps me within 10-15 feet of an intersection when using it with iGuidance.
      Same here with the BU-303
      1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

make sure your receiver has WAAS capability, or it definetly could be quite off in some areas.

Comment

Working...
        X