Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluo giving up on Routis?

Hate to start a rumor... but I will

For almost 6 months now Deluo has said that Routis 2005 was just around the corner. An email from May states: "we hope to release it in about 3-6 weeks."

On Sept 29 they wrote back to me with: "unfortunately, the release of the new version of Routis has been delayed due to some problems and the release date of the software is still uncertain.
    We think that we will be able to release it in a couple of weeks."

Now on their website they are selling MS Streets 2005. That sounds like Col. Sanders is sitting down to eat some McNuggets.

If Deluo has indeed given up on Routis, is there any chance of the folks over at iGuidnece offering any kind of upgrade special??

I also admit that I could be reading too much into this. Anyone know anyting concrete??
    Skippy

I have also received multiple e-mails from them saying that it's coming in a few weeks. They even told me that I was eligible for an upgrade to 2005 even though I bought my Routis 2004 off ebay. If it's not here soon might as well just run Iguidance 2 (which is what Routis 2005 should be). Doesn't make sense that it's not out when all they do is put their name on it. Routis/Iguidance is all made by Intellinav/Netropa.
    1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

Routis

I heard there were a lot of complaints about the latest version of Iguidance and other problems. Maybe they want to respond to the many complaints before they release the Routis version.

Here is the latest reply:

Regarding your inquiry, we inform you that, unfortunately, the release
      of the new version of Routis has been delayed due to some problems we
      are working on and the release date is still uncertain.

We think that we will be able to release it in a couple of weeks. Once
      it is available, we will be offering it on our website.

The next version of Routis will include, among others, the following
      features:

An enhanced user interface
      Canadian and US updated maps and POI database
      Expanded POI\'s with subcategories (listed by alphabetical order,
      distance, or city)
      Destination search by City Center
      Hot keys for quick command
      Faster route calculation
      Newest digital map available from Navteq
      Geo-features differentiating lands, body of water, airport, etc
      Full screen mode

We do really apologize for any inconveniences this delay may cause you.

I hope this helps. But Routis is working fine for me. There are some quirks. I found myself yearning for a new version, but not asking myself why.

FWIW
      "Spiral out, keep going..." - MJK

Comment

Originally posted by lone
        I heard there were a lot of complaints about the latest version of Iguidance and other problems. Maybe they want to respond to the many complaints before they release the Routis version.

Here is the latest reply:

Regarding your inquiry, we inform you that, unfortunately, the release
        of the new version of Routis has been delayed due to some problems we
        are working on and the release date is still uncertain.

We think that we will be able to release it in a couple of weeks. Once
        it is available, we will be offering it on our website.

The next version of Routis will include, among others, the following
        features:

An enhanced user interface
        Canadian and US updated maps and POI database
        Expanded POI\'s with subcategories (listed by alphabetical order,
        distance, or city)
        Destination search by City Center
        Hot keys for quick command
        Faster route calculation
        Newest digital map available from Navteq
        Geo-features differentiating lands, body of water, airport, etc
        Full screen mode

We do really apologize for any inconveniences this delay may cause you.

I hope this helps. But Routis is working fine for me. There are some quirks. I found myself yearning for a new version, but not asking myself why.

FWIW
        I'm currently using iGuidance 2.0 and I can honestly say that I don't have one single complaint. It's interface is easy to use, touchscreen friendly and the maps are extremely accurate. Any of you waiting for Routis2005 should just go buy iGuidance 2.0 (if you don't already own Routis2004).

Comment

Routis

Well, some people are actually using their old versions of Iguidance, as the roads on the new version are appearing too wide, which overshadows complex intersections like cloverleaf freeway interchanges.

There have also been other complaints, but I forget what they were. For now, even though my own home is off by about .5 a mile, I will happily wait till they have it right before they release it.

I just wish they were more accurate in their estimated release. They should have underpromised and overdelivered.

You may want to check out the Official Routis Forum

Lone
          "Spiral out, keep going..." - MJK

Comment

Working...
          X