Microsoft S&T05 with GPS MOuse problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft S&T05 with GPS MOuse problems

I can't get the gps to work with streets and trips 05 (the one that came with it) I can use hyper terminal and see the streaming data from the microsoft gps mouse. S&T05 sees the gps on com 4 but when I click track position it just says initializing and thats it.. it hangs. Any ideas? I check the speed of the virtural com port 4800.

It's the usb GPS that came with Streets and Trips 2005.

THanks.

Bump

Comment

I use the same hardware and software and in the morning when I start my machine, sometimes I get the "Initializing" deal two. I just uncheck the "Track Position" and give a few minutes then by the time I'm down the road it starts rather quickly. I think perhaps they have a warm-up period.
      BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

Yes they do have quite a long warm up period and in default mode it really sucks. Use the Sirfdemo.exe and switch to sirf. I use that with your exact same setup and i ALWAYS have at least 9 sats.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
          Yes they do have quite a long warm up period and in default mode it really sucks. Use the Sirfdemo.exe and switch to sirf. I use that with your exact same setup and i ALWAYS have at least 9 sats.
          Is Sirfdemo on the installation CD's or not a MS product?
          BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

Working...
          X