BU 303 GPS reciever died...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU 303 GPS reciever died...

Yup...I bought the unit and sealed the seams, or at least thought I did. Last week during my 1900 mile trip from Philly to GA to SC back to Philly it POURED...needless to say that this bad boy got moisture inside and now the LED is dim and its not being recognized by Routis. The computer still sees it...but the unit itself is FUBAR-ed. Oh...well I guess time to order a new one...not having GPS sux....
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

I thought mine was messed up by getting water inside too. Open it up and dry it with a hair dryer. I had mine apart for 2 days and then for giggles tried it again and it started working.
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

The week I got mine I left for a cross country trip and back and we encountered all kinds of weather... pouring rain, 100+ deg heat and mine was great! That was in June and it's sat on my roof ever since (except when i go through the car wash). It's poured for days here and the unit's been great! No extra sealing either..

Of course now i bet it'll break.
      -Brad
      83 mp320i
      99 mp323i
      _________

7" Lilliput w/Touch, 150 W Opus, 2.4ghz P4 533fsb, 512 DDR 333mhz, GPS, WiFi Inet, 40g Maxtor 7200rpm, Laptop DVD/CD-RW w/USB2.0 Bridge, WinXP Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by sfay93
        I thought mine was messed up by getting water inside too. Open it up and dry it with a hair dryer. I had mine apart for 2 days and then for giggles tried it again and it started working.

I had the same problem with mine. Dry it out... let it sit for several days. Mine actually took a couple weeks to dry out. I was just about to order a new one when I tried it one more time. Sure enough, it started working.
        Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

I've still got it and will wait for another couple of weeks and try it again, but I've already ordered a Holux, so soon enough..I'll be back up and running
          http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X