Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Search for Exits and Mile Markers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Search for Exits and Mile Markers?

I cannot find any map/GPS software or web based maps which can help me to find a point by entering the highway and exit number. Same highway and mile marker.

I thought this function is very eazy to implement. Am I missing something?
    ProjectEZP.com next generation police speedtrap locator. Free database for your GPS system (includes US/Canada).

Originally posted by blaster View Post
    I cannot find any map/GPS software or web based maps which can help me to find a point by entering the highway and exit number. Same highway and mile marker.

I thought this function is very eazy to implement. Am I missing something?
    Is there anything? I was driving down to Florida this past week and it was driving me crazy that there was no way in iguidance that i could find out what fast food and gas stations were at the next couple of exits. Am i missing something, is there a way?

Comment

There are multiple programs that can do that. Im not familiar with all of them, but Iguidance for instance, you can pull up points of interests, resteraunts, and search by distance. It will start with the closest ones. Unless you design you own nav programs, your not going to find something that fits EXACTLY how you expect it to be, but there are many intuitive programs out there that should be able to get the job done.
      Car Pc progress meter:
      [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
      My worklog

Comment

Or, you could watch for mile markers
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by redls1bird View Post
          There are multiple programs that can do that. Im not familiar with all of them, but Iguidance for instance, you can pull up points of interests, resteraunts, and search by distance. It will start with the closest ones. Unless you design you own nav programs, your not going to find something that fits EXACTLY how you expect it to be, but there are many intuitive programs out there that should be able to get the job done.

Thanks for the reply.

I know Iguidance has POI, but what i am looking for is something for when i am driving down the interstate and i just want a list of POI within .5 miles of the exit ramp for the next couple of exits. Is there anything that can do that?

Comment

Working...
          X