Any Hints on a Good GPS System?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Hints on a Good GPS System?

Im new to this whole 'place a computer in your car', and right now I have a laptop and just want to run GPS in my exploxer, so i was wondering what would be a good setup to use with my laptop. I spent alot of time on the road, so I think a GPS would be the way to good.
    1992 Ford Exploxer, BU-303 with MS Streets and Trips 2005. AMD 1600+ 256 Ram, Laptop

Overall % of being done....Never!

Software: I'd say iGuidance 2.0 or Destinator3 with NinjaMonkey's frontend.
    Hardware: You have a lot of choices here. I have a Rayming TN-200. Many people also havet he BU-303.

This has been discussed over and over again. Do a for more information.

Comment

Alright.. I'll do that.. but just a fast question what do you think about this GPS unit?

http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-ap...prod&ref=BU303
      1992 Ford Exploxer, BU-303 with MS Streets and Trips 2005. AMD 1600+ 256 Ram, Laptop

Comment

Originally posted by mjking816
        Alright.. I'll do that.. but just a fast question what do you think about this GPS unit?

http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-ap...prod&ref=BU303
        People don't seem to like that one. It isn't the best. I have an Earthamte and I'm very happy with it
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
          People don't seem to like that one. It isn't the best. I have an Earthamte and I'm very happy with it
          Really? I thought a lot of people liked it. Oh well.

That picture looks exactly like my Rayming TN-200. They aren't the same thing, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by egeekial
            Really? I thought a lot of people liked it. Oh well.
            Its not the best for the price. Someone did a comparison.
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Well I'll test it out. I got it for 90 dollars shipped and all. Might be a little high, but I'm just tried of looken threw maps when I'm on sale trips.

Comment

A rikaline 6010 would have been a good choice. Have it running for 3 months, and always min 6 satellites.

Comment

Make sure not to run the BU303 in the rain. I'm happy with the way my BU303 works. But it is NOT weatherproof.
                  Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

Working...
                  X