No announcement yet.

Best GPS software?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best GPS software?

Fairly new to the carputer scene, just recently installed mine and am now looking into GPS. After reading many of these forms and experimenting with some software, I keep coming across these few names: iGuidance, Routis, Destinator. Im wanting to use it with a 7" Lilliput touchscreen. Any info on what software is good, maybe some screenshots and links? I feel this thread would really benifit many others like me that arent really sure if the investment of the gps receiver will be backed with good software.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Search this:

Not to be a wise guy, but it's all personal preference...I like iGuidance, I use it with the Earthmate mouse., E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

these two sites have very good reviews of GPS HW and SW complete w/ side by side comparisons.

Right now, Im leaning towards CoPilot. Just appears to have a more solid company backing it, and a few people that use it here spoke very highly of it. iGuidance 2.0 was having routing issues etc.

I saw that many of you are running multiple GPS software packages. Running at $200 or so a peace, did you really fork up that much cash? And are there trials or anything? Dropping $200 for software that youve only seen screenshots of doesnt seem logical to me. Thanks again for your input.

Originally posted by Shortman
          iGuidance 2.0 was having routing issues etc.
          Never had a problem with my iGuidance 2.0 routing, works great.
, E-Cig Mods
          "A great smoking alternative"