GPS coordinates of police spots (speedtraps) for North America inside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS coordinates of police spots (speedtraps) for North America inside

Ok, I really wanted to have GPS locations of the favorite police traps for North America. And the only way to get them was to enter them myself. So I put it on the dedicated website: www.ProjectEZP.com. Please use them and, please add more spots.

PS. It is in the early stage and I am working to make it beter. In particular, I am writing separate software, which will notify about police spot so do not forget to check for updates.

Good luck.
    ProjectEZP.com – next generation police speedtrap locator. Free database for your GPS system (includes US/Canada).

great !!!!!

Comment

sweet! Any way to get this to work w/ iguidance?
      Stealth OEM spyder
      1204 dot net!

Comment

I have a few road trips coming up in spring.. this will be REAL helpful! Getting it together with Routis would be outstanding, but a stand alone program would be good too!
        Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

Another good site to check out is AAA.com. They have a list of known hiding spots...
          2005 Black Chevy Impala
          Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Nice. Way to take initiative bro

Edit:I'll have surrounding houston areas covered
            Mercedes Benz CLK 430

Comment

I can help witht he north minneapolis metro area.. I have my paid tickets to prove I know where they hide now :-)
              Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

I would also like to know how to use this kind of thing in iguidance. I haven't really noticed any way to add anything to the existing map. I know I can add favourite locations but other than that...

Comment

Originally posted by Shelbrain
                  Another good site to check out is AAA.com. They have a list of known hiding spots...
                  I know about speedtrap.org. The only problem is it has "human description" of spots. I like, when it is in GPS memory and it alerts me authomatically.
                  ProjectEZP.com – next generation police speedtrap locator. Free database for your GPS system (includes US/Canada).

Comment

Blaster,

That sounds really cool .

I have been thinking about something like this for several months.
                    I use Routis and Microsoft map point 2004.

Here are some of my thoughts I have had.

As you say it would be very useful to have GPS coordinates of known speed traps.

But in addition it would be even better to have the ability to report "live" sightings of speed traps and the software would post those GPS coordinates over the internet, which could be download via wifi or GPRS modem back into the carputer working with Routis or Iguidance.

Also besides or in addition to reporting known and “LIVE” speed traps carputer users would be able to report traffic incidents, stalled cars and other major traffic delaying incidents. “LIVE” speed traps and other incidents could be set to expire after an allotted time period unless renewed or sighted again latter by another carputer user. The software could also log this data to identify the most commonly used speed traps and times when they are commonly in use by police.

Voice command recognition programs like Navivoice by 0l33l could be use to take down and execute “LIVE” sightings.

Just a few thoughts on the subject . What do you think?

Deviser
                    In progress Carputer [////////||] IWill ZPCgx: P4 2.40Ghz, 512Meg, 40Gb, Xenarc 7" TSV, 5 1/4 slot DVD, 802.11g DWL-G132, Ebay BU-303 USB GPS, TMobile GPRS Internet, Custom made power controller.

HU-Alpine CDA-7897 Fantom Face XL AM/FM CD/MP3 Receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviser
                      But in addition it would be even better to have the ability to report "live" sightings of speed traps and the software would post those GPS coordinates over the internet, which could be download via wifi or GPRS modem back into the carputer working with Routis or Iguidance.

Also besides or in addition to reporting known and “LIVE” speed traps carputer users would be able to report traffic incidents, stalled cars and other major traffic delaying incidents. “LIVE” speed traps and other incidents could be set to expire after an allotted time period unless renewed or sighted again latter by another carputer user. The software could also log this data to identify the most commonly used speed traps and times when they are commonly in use by police.

Voice command recognition programs like Navivoice by 0l33l could be use to take down and execute “LIVE” sightings.

Deviser
                      That is somewhat possible. But the problem is that people on these boards are scattered around the world. I'd say that I'm an exception, there are a few members in my area

And yeh, NaviVoice could do that. Reminds me, I wanted to make an add speedcam func to NaviVoice (which now supports Map Monkey)
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Blaster,

Having looked into your website closer and I digress on some of my points.

It appears you have already made some of my wishes come true .

Thanks great job you are doing!

Although the live reporting would be a cool feature. I will be sure to submit my sightings to you for the D.C, Annapolis, Baltimore area.

Thanks Again,

Deviser
                        In progress Carputer [////////||] IWill ZPCgx: P4 2.40Ghz, 512Meg, 40Gb, Xenarc 7" TSV, 5 1/4 slot DVD, 802.11g DWL-G132, Ebay BU-303 USB GPS, TMobile GPRS Internet, Custom made power controller.

HU-Alpine CDA-7897 Fantom Face XL AM/FM CD/MP3 Receiver.

Comment

Thanks for good feedback. I also want to have something "up to the minute". It is good way to go, but I will get to this point, when we will have large number of people with computers/internet in their cars. Otherwise it could be days, between two internet edquipled car will travel though the same police spot.

So I will keep it in mind and please submit your findings.

Originally posted by Deviser
                          Blaster,

That sounds really cool .

I have been thinking about something like this for several months.
                          I use Routis and Microsoft map point 2004.

Here are some of my thoughts I have had.

As you say it would be very useful to have GPS coordinates of known speed traps.

Deviser

Comment

What areas of NA are covered? I would love to contribute to the WA state database, but I use a pocket pc for GPS (tomtom) and I don't know how I can create my own poi database. I would gladly do it if there was a simple way to add a speedtrap location by pressing one button as you're driving.
                            If you can show me how it's done, I'll make a small database of the area I live in. I have a Sensoro Silver Bullet radar which is one of the best out there, so I will detect any radar/laser activity without being distracted by other things.
                            00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                            Newest install - my quickest ever
                            My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                            My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

I had converted data to tomtom format. Look on the projectezp.com under download tomtom. It has many laser traps in WA. please try it. I will check, how to capture point in tomtom.
                              cheers

Originally posted by Yuriy
                              What areas of NA are covered? I would love to contribute to the WA state database, but I use a pocket pc for GPS (tomtom) and I don't know how I can create my own poi database. I would gladly do it if there was a simple way to add a speedtrap location by pressing one button as you're driving.
                              If you can show me how it's done, I'll make a small database of the area I live in. I have a Sensoro Silver Bullet radar which is one of the best out there, so I will detect any radar/laser activity without being distracted by other things.

Comment

Working...
                              X