Earthmate GPS hates XM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthmate GPS hates XM

So being a newb to GPS and the likes, I've spent considerable time trying to get my GPS system to work. I thought a misassigned COM port was causing the message from the USB Earthmate antenna to not make it back to the carputer as I seemed to NEVER acquire a signal. In desperation, I checked out Delorme's support area and found that they are aware that certain Delphi XM radios have insufficient shielding and it's causing a conflict with the Earthmate antenna. So I unplugged my XMD1000 knowing full well it wasn't going to have any affect (boy was I wrong!), and within a second, I'd acquired a 3-D lock!

May others learn from the time I wasted on this!!! Here's the link. http://www.delorme.com/support/earth...=&P=17111&C=28 Now I just gotta figure out where to mount the antenna so it doesn't conflict with my XM!
    My first attempt at a carputer.

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

Delphi will replace your unit at no cost if you are having the improper shielding problem.

Alan

Comment

I fixed the problem by relocating the GPS antenna. And now I have a an excellent 3D DGPS lock consistently. I could not get that in the previous mounting location even with XM unplugged.
      My first attempt at a carputer.

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

Comment

Working...
      X