Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which GPS Software allows import of client addresses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which GPS Software allows import of client addresses?

I have a caseload of approximately 50-60 active clients at any one given time. I visit them on a monthly basis. I am looking to import their contact information so that their name will come up on the map showing me their locations. Do any of the software titles allow me to do this?

Furthermore, is it possible to differentiate between active and non-active clients by say a green dot and a red dot?

I am primarily looking at CoPilot and Destinator. Thanks in advance.
    2005 Black Chevy Impala
    Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

I think you should be able to build something around the SpeedCamera database systems... it exists for MapMonkey and works nicely...
    List of front-ends/usefull apps
    XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

I know Copilot allows importing of custom POI that can be sorted into different categories, I will have to look for custom icons. I import customer lists all the time so I can find address of of names. Also I save locations of every hardware store I drive by(I do construction in four states).
      '99 F-350 Crew 7.3L~'02 F-350 Crew 7.3L~ '04 Dakota SLT+ 4.7L
      MII12000opus120~MII12000opus120~MII10000opus150
      NA~Senao dual 7.4 ant~Orinoco Gold
      Pioneer~Pioneer~PG Octane-R R5.1MT
      Xenarc, Rikaline6010, Garmin OEM16 HVS, CoPilot10

Comment

Bridger,
        Do you import them from another program? I can enter them directly, but in theory, when I drive down "Main Street" I would like to see an icon showing each client I have on that street...can CoPilot do this?
        2005 Black Chevy Impala

Comment

Copilot can import poi from outlook, excel of text format: and mos software can export to one of these. I Planning mode you can choose to show only you custom poi and hide the other, but there is no way to customize the icons. Street Atlas + allows complete icon customization and has a icon editor. That and the phone book on dvd was my favorite feature, but the guidance sucks. Copilots guidance mode it can be configured to display pop up windows alerting you of poi you are approching. The proximaty and the duration of the alert can be adjusted. I think Mappoint can do some cool stuff like create client density maps and travel time maps from a point(looks like a topo map). I think you will have to trade off guidance features for map projection features though.
          '99 F-350 Crew 7.3L~'02 F-350 Crew 7.3L~ '04 Dakota SLT+ 4.7L
          MII12000opus120~MII12000opus120~MII10000opus150
          NA~Senao dual 7.4 ant~Orinoco Gold
          Pioneer~Pioneer~PG Octane-R R5.1MT
          Xenarc, Rikaline6010, Garmin OEM16 HVS, CoPilot10

Comment

Bridger,
            Thanks for your reply. I am thinking I am going to give CoPilot a try. My GPS/M&S 2005 bundle needs to get here so I can send in for the CoPilot $99.00 Promotion.
            2005 Black Chevy Impala

Comment

Working...
            X