posible after market gps reciever with garmen software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posible after market gps reciever with garmen software

is it possible to use aftermarket usb gps receiver with garmens gps software. my brother has maps and software for use with his hand held magellen, i was wondering how to get my gps receiver to work with this software. im using a navman 100 usb receiver. it came with rand mcnally streets and trips software wich sucks *** i might add. i can get my cordinants in the garmen soft ware but after a few feet of tracking it stops tracking and in order to retrieve new cordinants i need to shut down the program and restart it. any help would be greatly appricieated.

oh yeah it seams to be a problem with the garmen software cause i can start the rand mcnally crap and it will still be working fine so i know its not the reciever losing gps lock
    91' ford thunderchicken
    pc in the worx gotta do some more research

ttt
    91' ford thunderchicken

Comment

Wow. Bump after nearly a year?!?!?!?!

If I'm not mistaken, your Navman will only work with the Garmin software.
      Look into an NMEA-compliant GPS.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i thought it was nmea complient ill have to check yeah i havent messed with it in a year lol
        91' ford thunderchicken

Comment

Originally posted by dennyreedjr
          i thought it was nmea complient ill have to check yeah i havent messed with it in a year lol
          Now there is one patient person! Waits a year so that he is not flamed with messages stating that he is a N00B! LOL

Hope you find your answer.

Comment

Yes, it can be done. You will need this great utility called GPSProxyPC which translate NMEA into Garmin compatible commands and response.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsproxy/

There are 2 versions. One for PPC (PDAs) and the other is the PC version.
            I got nRoute running on my PC with a SiRF Star III GPS.

Comment

sweet thanx
              91' ford thunderchicken

Comment

Could you post please here if you get it to work - this is very interesting.
                www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

yes i will i dont have time to mess with it for a few days but as soon as i find out if its gonna work ill post up however RS200Z says it will
                  91' ford thunderchicken

Comment

@SnyperBob: Hopefully patience is your virtue since it took him one year to revisit this project.
                    EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Here's a posting from the author himself. Read to find out more about this s/w and its features. You can also post your questions here.

http://forum.bargainpda.com/showthread.php?t=9980

Comment

Originally posted by edikp
                        @SnyperBob: Hopefully patience is your virtue since it took him one year to revisit this project.
                        its my virtue lol
                        91' ford thunderchicken

Comment

Originally posted by RS200Z View Post
                          Yes, it can be done. You will need this great utility called GPSProxyPC which translate NMEA into Garmin compatible commands and response.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsproxy/

There are 2 versions. One for PPC (PDAs) and the other is the PC version.
                          I got nRoute running on my PC with a SiRF Star III GPS.
                          I tried this, but the GPSProxy program requires Active Sync wich is not compatible with win 7 and the "update" to Active Sync (Windows Mobile Device Center) does nothing to help with the issue.

Comment

Working...
                          X