No announcement yet.

BU-303 only lock while booting

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU-303 only lock while booting

My BU-303 gps receiver always worked fine, but since ive got my new car and laptop (from peug. 205 to Toyota Corolla G6, and P3-500 to Cel 2.2Ghz) im experience problems getting sat-lock.

When the gps is hooked up the red light wont blink (which it did with my previous install, it started blinking after about 30 seconds). But when i reboot the laptop, the gps is still getting powered and gets a lock (red light is blinking). When windows (XP) is started and starting the software (destinator 3) the blinking is gone and doesnt have a lock on the sats. I got mad and just started driving without having lock. While driving i sometimes suddenly have a lock for a few seconds to 1 minute and then disappears. I have a clear sky and its attached in the front under the window.

Always when i boot the light starts blinking so it has a lock, but when i start the software the blinking disappears. So im thinking its a software problem.

What could it be?

I figured out it has something to do with my Lilliput display. When the gps receiver doesnt have a lock and i turn off the screen, almost immediately the gps receiver starts blinking and has a lock. When i turn the screen back on i have a lock for about a minute (or a few more) then it starts falling down. Then turn off/on the screen and i have lock again. After a while it will not recognize the gps receiver and i have to boot or reinstall it.

When it happened i tried to pull out the usb plug ofthe lilliput, but the lock didnt came back. I tried to pull out the 9-pins plug near the lilliput and then the lock come back....

So its a pretty weird problem, any suggestions?

This happened to me too. Try playing around with your screen's refresh rate. I think this has been discussed before.

00 Galant
      armadaE500 P3-660 320M 20G, lilliput, audigy2NX, slim/slotLoad dvd/cdrw, cardReader
      sony rm-x2s, bu303, xmDirect
      xpPro sp2, frodoPlayer 1.09, iGuidance 2.0, custom voiceRecognition
      custom shutdownController

I figured out that i get best results with 75hz (not with 60hz).

Even with 75hz i dont have lock all the time, but when i put the gps unit on a metal underground i have lock lock all the time. I have to put it on the passanger airbag unit to get lock. I think i have to live with it or perhaps mount soms metal plate under it.

Isnt there a way to block the interference with some aluminum foil?

same here. lilliput refresh was the problem. Mine is at 60hz to make it work

Same here. lilliput at 70hz works best for me. At 60hz, it doesn't lock at all.