Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Holux, but should I get 230 or 231?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Holux, but should I get 230 or 231?

OK, I have narrowed it down to Holux, and they have two models I can use (both Bluetooth for my PPC in the Mazda and USB connection to the carputer in the Chevy - actually they support both at the same time!), but which one should I get?

The 230 has EGNOS, which I understand makes it more precise in Europe. The 231 hasn't got that, but it has XTrac 2.02, which should increase sensibility.

So can somebody please tell me what I should choose for general use, and for speed cam warnings via TomTom?

Thanks in advance!
    Tor - The MediaSUV

I would advise that you get the 231 if it will be used on the dash because the xtrak teally helps getting a signal. there is 1 problem though an that is it will turn off after 10mins if no bt signal is detected even if it is being used as a usb mouse so you will have to get the new firmware from holux

Comment

OK, thanks! So the EGNOS-precision doesn't make me miss turns or speed cams?
      Tor - The MediaSUV

Comment

I dont think it makes that much difference it hasnt given me problems. But you get more satelite locks so i would think that should compensate

Comment

Working...
        X