Copying iguidance to another hard drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying iguidance to another hard drive

I am gonna need to format my harddrive and reinstall everything. Problem is I have the first disc of iguidance but I lost the second disc, the map disc.

Would it be possible to copy my iguidance folder from my current harddrive to my desktop hd. And then once Im done resinstalling my OS, putting the folder back on the orginal harddrive?

Or does it need to register with windows and the simple copy wont work?
    My Carputer Project

If you have your proof of purchase, then why not upgrade to iG 2.1 when it comes out?
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

So I could install iguidance without needing the oringal second disc?
      My Carputer Project

Comment

Well, **hint hint** you can save your bookmarks/favorites by saving the "c:\iNav iGuidnace\favorites.dat" file. Though its not just that easy, i tried once. there is some map you have to install on a fresh install before copying over the previous map. i know cause i tried, anoying to wait for the lag of the maploader loading 48 states. sure its another file thats modified, just didn't look into it.
        Mark

Car'Puter Project
        - Xenarc 700TSV
        - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
        - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
        - M2-ATX
        - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
        - Garmin 15H GPS
        - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

the maps are probably in the iGuidance folder ... you could probably install the first disk on the new machine (to get all the .dlls and such copied to the right place) then cancel out of the install when you get to the maps. After that copy the iGuidance dir from the old machine to the new one overwrighting everything.

that should work assuming the maps are in the iGuidance dir.
          My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

no, u can just copy the C:iNav iGuidace\maps folder, install iGuidance on new install, cancel map install and load maps. When you do that and try to launch iGuidance, it fails. Theres something in addition thats changed or added, just not sure what. Trust me i tried that. Though, that does work if you install atleast one map and then later on over write the maps with the backup copy
            Mark

Car'Puter Project
            - Xenarc 700TSV
            - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
            - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
            - M2-ATX
            - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
            - Garmin 15H GPS
            - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

Working...
            X