Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems getting XP to recognize Rikaline 6010..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems getting XP to recognize Rikaline 6010..

I received my Rikaline 6010 from a eBay seller yesterday. Today I am testing it on my home computer, while I wait on the final few parts of my car computer are being shipped. Anyhow, when I plug the receiver into a USB port I get a error baloon that tells me that the device cannot be recognized. I go into device manager and find the "unreconized device", and attempt to load the drivers that came with the rikaline, but they won't accept them. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

P.S. When I connect the receiver, the LED blinks greens.

I recently got a rikaline off ebay too. Mine would be recognized just fine, but never get a lock on anything even outside the vehicle. I left it running for a couple hours to try to get a lock and when i came back the little serial converter box on the cable was really hot and the plastic was melting. after that my usb port didnt work for a while, all it would ever say is that there was an unrecognized device connected. After a few reboots my usb is fine again, but i am pretty sure that my brand new rikaline was at fault and is defective.
    your situation may be completely unrelated and yours might be just fine.
    Have you tried a different usb port?
    What seller did you get yours from by the way?
    System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

u415 is the sellers eBay name. I think it may have something to do with my screwy USB controller on my shuttle mobo (home pc's mobo). I hope so. My M10k, case, ect. is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Hopefully it will install better on the EPIA. I see a lot of people on here who have had success with the Rikaline, hope it's just something conflicting on my homePC.

Comment

I can tell you that I installed my Rikaline with the computer already running in the car and by the time I got back in the driver's seat, it (XP Pro) had already loaded the drivers for it and it worked on the first launch of SA2005, 9 sats locked.
        2008 Ford Expedition EL Ltd

Carputer yanked from the Jeep and Denali and waiting to be installed in the Ford.

Comment

Well that's not very encouraging. We will wait and see I guess....

Comment

By the way i bought it off the same dude on eBay.
            2008 Ford Expedition EL Ltd

Carputer yanked from the Jeep and Denali and waiting to be installed in the Ford.

Comment

Working...
            X