Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluo GPS Diag and OEM GPS - Need Help

Hi all,
    I am trying to get me GPS working. Everything is still in my living room right now.
    I run the GPS diagnostic tool and attached is the screen shot after running it for a few minutes. It seems to come up with GPS coordinates (blacked out for security reasons), but always says "Tracking 0 of 9 satillites".
    I don't know how to interpet these results. All I know is that when I try to use my new Topo 5 software, it can't get a lock. It says "Acquiring" and stays there without getting any farther.
    Can anyone who knows more about this stuff please help me out.
    Thanks.
    ps: Is there a way to take the coords from the deluo and plug them in somewhere and see what turns up. I'd like to know if that really is my living room or not.
    Spent so far: $1,755
    Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    Don't mess with Texas.
    It's not nice to pick on retards!

Originally posted by joshthepilot
    Well there is your problem right there. You do realize that GPS involves satellites?
    Yes, but I have read of others who get locks from their living rooms just fine. I guess I can haul everything outside, but since it comes up with coordinates I was wondering if it does find satelillites.

Will have the screen shot up in a minute...
    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Here is the screen shot.
      Attached Files
      Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by joshthepilot
        Well go to google and map by lat/long. Type them in and see what crazy asian place it shows. They are prob wrong. (maybe last recorded) Smarter GPS units always record last location for faster satellite lock.
        Damn, you're good... This is where it ends up...
        Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

is that the oem module?
          肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

Hard for me to tell if those are valid coordinates if they are blacked out. Your GPS will spit out coordinates even if you aren't receiving anything from the sat.'s
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

nm, I guess I should have read the title

I could never get any sats with the deluo test program, I had to use routis before I saw anything

or mapmonkey for that matter
              肚子笑痛了
              S60 Install

Comment

GPS signals from the satellites are most easily described as the light from flashlights. The satellites are the flashlights and anything that would block the light would also block satellite GPS signals.

Yea others have aquired signals in thier houses but its a rare ocasion. Take the GPS mod outside and let it find a signal that way.
                Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                Via EPIA MII
                512MB RAM
                OEM GPS (embedded)
                nLite WinXP pro on
                1GB Extreme III CF card
                Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

Working...
                X