Adding POI's in iGuidance???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding POI's in iGuidance???

I saw a few posts about this in other threads, but they were pretty scattered around the forums, so I thought I would start a new thread with a catchy title. Basically has anyone figured this out. It would be really cool to add POI's for lots of reasons. I know the POI's have their own .bin file in the mapdata area, but I have no idea how to mess with it...way over my head.
    1997 VW Jetta GLX VR6
    old HP MP
    PIII 600 or so 256 MB
    7" Xenarc
    and some plywood holding it all together
    My Project

I'd like to reiterate the need for this. POI is SEVERELY lacking if you ask me. I drive thru the nations capital and hardly EVER see poi's on my screen.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

well you can always add more poi's if you got to display settings and click custom for poi's i get a bunch of em

Comment

Hmmm.. never seen that option before. I'll check it on the way home. But how are you entering them into iguidance? We should be able to import the POI from say Streets and trips or tomtom into iguidance.

Comment

there was a project to extract all the POI from Lexus's GPS system and import them to Iguidance...

It died somewhere along the way, but somone had the Lexus CD and was working on it
          mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
          Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

Comment

What the coustom option displays are the POI's that are already in the program. I was hoping to be able to add my own, i.e. WIFI hotspots, and being able to navigate to them.

Edit: Yay...I just noticed I am not a newbie anymore.
            1997 VW Jetta GLX VR6
            old HP MP
            PIII 600 or so 256 MB
            7" Xenarc
            and some plywood holding it all together
            My Project

Comment

lexus=eclipse FYI
              Amd 2200+ athXPmobile, MSI KT6V-LSR mobo, Opus 150w, 512 ram, exterasys WIFI card, Hitachi 160gb, 3.5"hdd, bluetooth, Xenarc 700ts
              4/9/04: case roughed out and functional, hardware all together, finishing up bezel for screen, layingout wires, etc in car.

Comment

bump
                ----------------------
                C134 Case
                VIA EPIA M10000
                FrodoPlayer
                iGuidance + GPS
                7" touchscreen LCD
                2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
                - V6 216hp
                - KYB-AGX adjustable struts
                - Konei Alloy 17" rims + Pirelli P-Zero's
                - AEM slotted brakes
                - AEM CAI

Comment

yes u can add ur own into i guidance man u just gotta search the address or business and add it to ur favorates i believeu can also create pins for it but i use favs works fine :-D

Comment

I've fooled with this and it doesnt work the way we're speaking of. The favorites list is fine and dandy but it doesnt give me a icon on the screen to notify when ur close to one of them. Another thing witht he POI database is its about goin to places you DONT know where they are.. like if i'm driving in another state and wanna go to a local park, gas station or atm. Thats why the POI is really needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                      I've fooled with this and it doesnt work the way we're speaking of. The favorites list is fine and dandy but it doesnt give me a icon on the screen to notify when ur close to one of them. Another thing witht he POI database is its about goin to places you DONT know where they are.. like if i'm driving in another state and wanna go to a local park, gas station or atm. Thats why the POI is really needed.
                      figure'd i'd bump this in lieu of iGuidance 3 coming out maybe someone has some more POIs for us by now?

Comment

**** i am having the same problem with POI for iguidance 3.0. The POI will not detect Fry's Electronics or Best Buy on the map. Those are the 2 favorite stores that i love to visit in California when I am in different location. **** how do you update POI iin iguidance 3.0?

Comment

any ideas anyone or progress?
                          CarPuter: 900Mhz P3 with 256 MB Mem, 160 Gig HD (Thanks kbreeden), Iguidance 3.0 GPS, Logitech PS2 keyboard, Bluetooth, WIFI.