GPS receiver tests by www.pocketgps.co.uk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS receiver tests by www.pocketgps.co.uk

I found this while about today. Its a review for the Royaltek Sapphire but it has a chart of all tested GPS receivers and there cold, warm, and hot reaction times. THe test was done by www.pocketgps.co.uk

*EDIT* Retracting the rest of my statement as to not offend anyone
    Erorus fixed the pic for me so look below for that. thanks

sorry for the quality of the image couldnt do much with the 200kb limit. I will email this to anyone who wants a clean version or you can go to the link posted above.

Comment

JPG is not optimal for text or other non-photographic data.

Original Review
      Attached Files
      Epox EP-3VWB+ w/VIA C3 750MHz
      Crystalfontz 632 16x2 LCD
      DWW-7VGA 7" Indash VGA w/Touchscreen
      Garmin GPS 18 USB
      Terk XMD1000 XM Tuner (My VB6 Class)
      Scantool.net ElmScan ISO (My VB6 Class)
      PSK-3100 Traveller Keyboard

Comment

thanks Erorus. Did that at like 3 am. Wasnt thinking to much. Good job

Comment

Thanks for the usefull info!

BUT

Before you get ME (not a newb anymore) to stfu, you'll have to do better!

Things I find important:

- reception quality (has something to do with start times, but certainly not everything)

- other GPS's that haven't been tested (OEM modules)

Thanks anyway ;-)
          List of front-ends/usefull apps
          XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

JS > Sorry about the statement i made. I wasnt including everyone in that. I was just looking for some good info on GPS in the forum and i saw the same question asked over and over. And when it took only a few minutes to find the answer of most those questions on google i got a little ****ed. My bad, i appologize for that. If you look again you will see i retracted my statement since i was in the wrong.

I am still looking for the other usefull info you look at when choosing a receiver. If you have any links you would like to contribute please do so. thanks

Comment

i notice my pharos 360 isnt on the list.. thats a pretty popular gps to not have it on there.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                i notice my pharos 360 isnt on the list.. thats a pretty popular gps to not have it on there.
                No GlobalSat BT-338, no Rayming/TripNav MR-350 - so no lastest and greatest either

By the way, are those GlobalSat / Rayming / TripNav the same company or do online vendors just mess them up?
                Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

Comment

@sansoo24:

No problems man, I was just pointing out that the experiences of other mp3car members are usefull, as I don't have any info other than your list either
                  List of front-ends/usefull apps
                  XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Im been trying to read this page and i dont seem to know anything....are all those gps reciever good? what the difference between;cold;hot;warm...etc. im sorry if that a newbie question.
                    2000 Silver Mustang GT Convertible
                    10.4" Touchscreen Monitor Custom Fabricated in Center Console, 2.0ghz Intel P4 , 120gb, 128 DDR Ram, Nothing Special.....

Comment

any updated reviews?

Comment

In my humble opinion there really is no need for a comparison chart like that anymore - or at least much less need for it then when the above was published (in 2005).

Then (early 2005) there were significant differences in performance of GPS receivers based on various chips. Today (2008) any new GPS receiver you buy has pretty much the same sensitivity and time to first fix. The differences are not as great as they used to be.

Comment

As above.

My 2010 $90 GPS locks within seconds.

Comment

Working...
                          X