Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone solved the USB standby/hibernate issue yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone solved the USB standby/hibernate issue yet?

I found out today that my car survives 16 hours in s3 standby without a hitch ( gotta love that yellowtop). This is GREAT news as it only takes 3 seconds from startup to music. But every 2-3 times outta standby my GPS software will fail to detect the GPS, typical in usb receivers. My question is has anyone solved this yet?!?! I noticed that my work pc powers the usb's even when the computer is off. Is there an option in the VIA 800 bios that would allow that? Maybe it would help. Just seems to me that alot of us have usb gps receivers and it shouldnt be that hard to solve the problem.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Are you going through a hub? When I first got my Royaltek Sapphire GPS receiver, it caused a major system crash when coming out of standby. I had it running through a self-powered USB hub coming off a line from the Opus, so the power was killed when it entered standby.

To fix this, I just moved the receiver to the back and plugged it straight into a USB port on the mobo. Now it enters standby and comes back lickity split. Give it a shot.
    A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

My Ride
    My New Page

Comment

I found the solution to be switching to Destinator :-)
      Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

I am goin thru a hub but i've tried it by itself as well... switching to destinator isnt an option cause i like my GPS accurate .
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Does it work if you restart the software or reselect the GPS port? If so, give XPort (and compass) a try. It will automatically reconnect under several different circumstances.

Comment

Working...
          X