Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Mapping Programs for GPS?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering, what other kinds of non-mapping software do you guys use? Assuming I already have the street atlas, maybe other software which could help you see other info that the satellites possibly transmit, like current time, or anything else? A search produced a program which sets your PC clock, but the link was dead. Any help is appriciated.

Thanks!

Check out xBrady's GPSsecure thread. Search for "GPSsecure". Also, Netstumbler uses the GPS to log the location of the access points.

At one time, we discussed a "trip estimater" or odometer type application but never got around to writing it.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

BRADYS GPS SECURE ROCKS!!! thas something u shud seriously kickback and use its very helpful

hey bugbyte how does netstumbler work to log locations of access points is there certin settings you have to do?

Comment

My little little compass has some simple info on desktop like speed, signal bars, trip, and... oh a compass too.

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
          hey bugbyte how does netstumbler work to log locations of access points is there certin settings you have to do?
          Check the options setting on the main window. Looks like a little hand pointing at a menu. Click it and there's a tab for GPS.
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:

Comment

oh nice i gotta check that out and stat logging lol

Comment

You can also output the log and look at it on GPS Visualizer
              Want to:

Comment

Working...
              X