Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New version of ProjectEZP.com (speedtraps for USA, MSWin Executable).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version of ProjectEZP.com (speedtraps for USA, MSWin Executable).

Check out the new version of ProjectEZP.com. This site provides a new free service to avoid speed traps and other tricky areas in USA and other countries. The technology is based on a database of the GPS coordinates of speed traps. To utilize this service, all you need to do is download the database to your GPS navigation system or in car computer and it will warn you when you approach one of these many known traps. The new version includes:
    - 26000 spots around the world.
    - 5800 spots in USA
    - twenty countries covered from Australia to Ukraine.
    - Windows Executable file. You can install it on your in-car computer (carputer or laptop).
    ProjectEZP.com next generation police speedtrap locator. Free database for your GPS system (includes US/Canada).

how does one go about "installing" speed traps into the nav system... particularly iguidance
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
      how does one go about "installing" speed traps into the nav system... particularly iguidance
      iGuidance does not provide any info. If you want, you can send me a iGuidance user points file and I will try to hook mine up.

Otherwise I am working on porting WinXP application to Win CE. I hope to be done with it in June. Of cause then we need to have COM splitter for Win CE.
      ProjectEZP.com next generation police speedtrap locator. Free database for your GPS system (includes US/Canada).

Comment

How long until someone integrates it with Google Maps?
        Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

Comment

Originally posted by lastberserker
          How long until someone integrates it with Google Maps?
          Can you be more descriptive. How do you see this product to be integrated with google maps?

Comment

Originally posted by blaster
            Can you be more descriptive. How do you see this product to be integrated with google maps?
            Like this: show speed traps on Google maps
            Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

Comment

soon soon soon

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

damn i looked all over the place for this, thanks for the link!
                PC Components:
                Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples
                  damn i looked all over the place for this, thanks for the link!
                  Have you used ??? I bet they try to slow down the spreading of such hacks

Comment

More links for the brave souls among us

Google Maps Hacking wiki (with ready to roll hacks), more on Sourceforge, plotting GPS data on Google Maps, the list goes on.

Comment

What is the point? If you do not have GPS, you can learn about speedtraps on speedtraps.org. If you do, you do not need to print them on the map. What you want to do is to upload the speedtrap list into your nav. system and let it warn you, when you get close to the dangerous zone.

But, if I am wrong, please let me know.

Just for example, here is the USA map with all 5800 points:

Comment

Originally posted by blaster
                        What is the point? If you do not have GPS, you can learn about speedtraps on speedtraps.org. If you do, you do not need to print them on the map. What you want to do is to upload the speedtrap list into your nav. system and let it warn you, when you get close to the dangerous zone.

But, if I am wrong, please let me know.
                        Sure, you are wrong in that you completely missed the coolness factor

Comment

Working...
                        X