Globalsat 338

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globalsat 338

Has anyone used the Globalsat 338? Doing some reading on them and they seem to be awsome.
    EPIA M10000
    OPUS 120
    Maxtor 120gb
    Custom Plexiglas Case

Yes, awesome it is. You may also consider an equally super-sensitive GPSlim236 by Holux, also based on the new very powerful SiRFstarIII chip. The 338 is Bluetooth only, and the 236 can be used either as a Bluetooth receiver or via USB. And you can actually use both connections simultaneously ;-)

The 236 however has a smaller battery and I only get 10 hours out of it (which is fine for my purpose). I managed to get around 17 hours from the 338!

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac
      Yes, awesome it is. You may also consider an equally super-sensitive GPSlim236 by Holux, also based on the new very powerful SiRFstarIII chip. The 338 is Bluetooth only, and the 236 can be used either as a Bluetooth receiver or via USB. And you can actually use both connections simultaneously ;-)

The 236 however has a smaller battery and I only get 10 hours out of it (which is fine for my purpose). I managed to get around 17 hours from the 338!
      Is the fact that you can use both the bluetooth and USB connectors simultaniously confirmed?? If so then I'm sold!! I know its an expensive GPS but would be good so I can use Tom Tom on my PDA/Phone along with Destinator 3 (don't trust Destinator yet!) on my Car PC!
      Lexputer Installed!
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...401#post522401

Comment

;-) I have used it while connected via USB to my mobile computer and at the same time my PDA Phone was using the Bluetooth connection, both running iGuidance at the same time.

Comment

I'm getting the Holux Slim bluetooth then. Retails for USD 200 where I live.
          A question is will it work with garmin city navigator (they are the only one offering middle east maps)???

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
          CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
          Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Working...
          X