Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globalsat BU303 sat lock

Hello all.
    Installed car pc ok, but sat nav unreliable. The BU303 keeps loosing sat lock for long periods of time, but when it does lock on I get up tp 10 sats showing.
    I read some months ago of a simular problem that was traced to a dead batery inside the BU 303, which when removed cured the problem. I have searched but cannot find the thread. Can anyone help with the problem or point me to the the thread......Many thanks.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=bu303+battery

is that it?

Comment

Many thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Having read the thread to the end, I am more confused than ever
        Should I remove the supercap or not? Is this likely to cure the problem I am experiencing? Can anyone recommend an alternative that will work reliably?
        Please, please, help!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by galant
          Having read the thread to the end, I am more confused than ever
          Should I remove the supercap or not? Is this likely to cure the problem I am experiencing? Can anyone recommend an alternative that will work reliably?
          Please, please, help!!!!!!!!!!
          Try removing the supercap and see if things improve. Somehow I believe that many problems people are having with their BU-303 are because of the housing not being waterproof.
          CarPC status: HW all done, SW needs tweaked.
          Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677
          Software: RR, MM/FD

Comment

I have my BU-303 on the inside back window no tint. It works fine but then it will lose all the sats and I get lost and then way later it will pickup.

Same results outside the car

brand new today ?

what do I do?

thanks
            2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Try changing the refresh rate of your LCD. Anything above 70Hz makes mine lose locks (if it even manages to get one). Below that it works fine!
              Semperon 3200+/512MB/ Seagate SATA2 120GB
              10.2" Xenarc/ Netgear USB Wireless
              M2-ATX/RadioShark
              BU-353 GPS Receiver

http://www.happyg.mine.nu/carpc/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by happpyg
                Try changing the refresh rate of your LCD. Anything above 70Hz makes mine lose locks (if it even manages to get one). Below that it works fine!
                Really. I think raising tire pressure and topping off the coolant would fix the problem.
                Is this where the witty comment goes?
                97 Black pearl Mazda Miata MX-5 Carpc V2? maybee..

Comment

Have you got one?

It actually makes perfect sense if you know anything about electronics & RF interference.

Do some research before you post, i'm not the only one that had this problem and - IT WORKS! Can be replicated over and over again, change rate - lose lock, change back & get lock again!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=bu-303

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...u-303+lilliput
                  Semperon 3200+/512MB/ Seagate SATA2 120GB
                  10.2" Xenarc/ Netgear USB Wireless
                  M2-ATX/RadioShark
                  BU-353 GPS Receiver

http://www.happyg.mine.nu/carpc/index.html

Comment

i took out that crap cap months ago and the things never worked better..
                    View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

I put mine on a non metal surface prior and now I put it on a metal surface instantly where I got no sats all of a sudden I get 5. my car was halfway in the garage lots of trees everywhere.

so I think it had something to do with the magnet becuase my LCD resolution is 61 for my xenarc.

2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

I had to mount mine on my roof, if it was not on the roof I get no sats, with it magnatised it works. Now I need to find a way to waterproof it. Any suggestions?

I have a X5 so maybe a shark fin is in order here. Also the cap people are talking about, I see a watch battery in there. Is that way were reffering to?

Comment

run a thin silicone bead around the lip, cable retainer and led window and seal it together to waterproof it.

Comment

Originally posted by JPuma
                            I had to mount mine on my roof, if it was not on the roof I get no sats, with it magnatised it works. Now I need to find a way to waterproof it. Any suggestions?

I have a X5 so maybe a shark fin is in order here. Also the cap people are talking about, I see a watch battery in there. Is that way were reffering to?
                            Does your X5 have metallic paint? If not, pop off the cover over the tailgate and stick it inside there. It should work perfectly.

Dan

Comment

Not sure if the paint is matellic but the I already have the factory gps antenna and that works great. I like the red light from the BU303, looks cool at night. Is there such a thing as spray silicon. I could give the whole thing a nice coat.

Comment

Working...
                              X