Rikaline 6010 (Clouds?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rikaline 6010 (Clouds?)

Hey I was just wondering.....do alot of you guys have problems with you GPS receiver when its coudy out? Rikaline or not? Cuz whenever there a clouds i can never get a signal....I was wondering if I should get a pharos GPS receiver...ANy input would be great....
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

I have the same problem with my BUB-303 unless it has a direct line of site with the sky.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

i throw my 6010 on the dash of my van and as long as im outside no matter the weather it locks onto at least 4

Comment

In compare to trees, tunnels, buildings, bridges, etc., my Rikaline 6010 hasn't had any problems with clouds. It all really depends on where you hold your receiver.
        For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
        Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
        Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Originally posted by DJiK
          It all really depends on where you hold your receiver.
          Agreed. I have my Rikaline outside the vehicle and I ALWAYS have 5 sats at a minimum. I typically have between 8-9.
          2008 Ford Expedition EL Ltd

Carputer yanked from the Jeep and Denali and waiting to be installed in the Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by DJiK
            ...It all really depends on where you hold your receiver.
            Yes, DJiK is absolutely right. The location of your GPS (antenna) is the most important factor. Even an old and not so sensitive receiver may perform better if it is placed on the roof of your car for example. It may easily outperform even the best GPS receiver which is placed in more inferior location.

If all else fails, and you still cannot get good reception with your Rikaline 6010, then you could consider upgrading to one of the newest GPS receivers with SiRFstarIII chip. They are more powerful and may even work in some indoor environments. I did an indoor side-by-side test a couple of days ago with GPS mouse by CoPilot (SiRFstarIIe/LP chip) versus my new GPSlim236 by Holux (SiRFstarIII chip). Where the old receiver was useless, the new GPS was tracking with ease:

Comment

I am going to mount my 6010 on my front dashboard under the windsheild....I will see what happens then....I dont wanna get a BT receiver cuz i dont wnna have to recharge it all the time...
              2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
              Via M10K
              512mb Ram
              60GB HDD
              OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Clouds have never really affected me, not that I have noticed anyway.
                Zen Fat Loss

Comment

can wait to install my carPC....wanna see how this thing is gonna be
                  2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
                  Via M10K
                  512mb Ram
                  60GB HDD
                  OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

prolly going to start it the end of the month....just waiting on the case
                    2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
                    Via M10K
                    512mb Ram
                    60GB HDD
                    OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

I am going to mount my 6010 on my front dashboard under the windsheild....
                      If that is a place where your GPS receiver will have an improved view of the sky than yes, you should see improvement.

....I dont wanna get a BT receiver cuz i dont wnna have to recharge it all the time...
                      The above mentioned receiver actually can be used not just via its Bluetooth connection, but it can be connected to your computer via USB cable. That is how I use it most of the time (unless I want to remove it and walk with it or use it in another vehicle). The GPS receiver takes its power from your computer when connected via USB, and the internal battery gets charged at the same time as well.

Comment

How much did you pay for it?
                        2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
                        Via M10K
                        512mb Ram
                        60GB HDD
                        OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Here is a link with price:

If you wish to use the direct cable connection, purchase one of the optional cables advertised on the bottom of the page. You may even buy an external antenna for it because the unit does have a connector for an external antenna.

By the way, there is a typo in the specifications. It claims sensitivity is -159dBW. It should be -159dBm, otherwise it would be a very bad receiver ;-)

Comment

how big is the receiver?
                            2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
                            Via M10K
                            512mb Ram
                            60GB HDD
                            OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Having the same issue with my 6010. I have it in my front dash behind my gauges, but going to try and move it to see if better reception is possible.

Clouds are not good for me either.
                              2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                              2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                              Sound Stage
                              Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Working...
                              X