LT-20 WinXP issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT-20 WinXP issues

Hello everyone. I am having some majorly annoying issues with my Delorme GPS LT-20 reciever, running on WinXP. I have previously run this on Win2k with the exact same problems (thats why i switched to winxp) and have tried swapping out recievers, with no luck. my problem is this. the only way I can get the reciever to pick up any satalites using the serial port emulator is to go into the windows device manager, find the gps, uninstall its drivers, unplug it, restart the computer, and plug it back in so it loads drivers again. what am I doing wrong and what can I do to get this thing to work?
    Thanks guys
    Mike
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

You probably shouldn't be unplugging it after you uninstall the driver. Every time you reboot and plug it in again, it will recognize it as a hid device.

Following these directions exactly and it should work.

Comment

i did that all exactly, and it works. the problem is, once i shut down and restart, it wont pick up satelites. sometimes it picks up one or 2, sometimes none for 10-15 minutes at a time.
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

Comment

Then it sounds like an antenna and/or reception problem. Try moving the gps until it has the clearest possible view of the sky.

Comment

yah, i put it just outside on the roof, and amazingly, it locked right up. when i had my streetpilot 2610 sitting on my dash it got reception just fine, but this thing needs to be outside... strange..
          oh well. thanks for the help.

anyone know if that thing is weatherproof, or a good way to enclose it?
          thanks.
          Mike

Comment

zryder-
            Have been playing with the LT-20 and have had simular problems, here are a few things to try first. Install all of the patches and update files.
            http://www.delorme.com/support/resul...d&C=28&P=17131
            Pay close attention to the Article ID DEL00504 and Article ID DEL00573, after doing these updates things started acting better. If after doing this nothing helps....
            What I with the help of a friend found out though after playing with this LT-20 is the Lilliput monitor was causing issues (noise) in my truck. To test if you have same issue just boot up everything(after applying all patches/updates) start GPS, try to aquire signal then turn off your monitor, LED on LT-20 turns green? then you have same problem.
            Did call Delorme tech support but no help there either, I will be sending back LT-20
            to get a roof mounted unit.
            Good Luck!

Comment

yah, putting it in the rear seemed to help some, but puting it ouside helps a lot. anyone know of a good way to mount this thing outside? i really would rather not get a new one... is it weathertight?

Comment

Working...
              X