GPS Mouse installed as Mouse??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Mouse installed as Mouse??

Has anybody had this problem.. I plugged a GPS mouse USB device into my car pc.. When windows boots up it actually finds the device as a mouse.. when this happens windows boots up and the cursor goes nuts all over the screen obviously because the GPS reciever is not a mouse.. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this issue.. The funny thing is when i reboot a 2nd or 3rd time it stops..

I have been into safe mode and uninstalled thew device and then re-installed it as a GPS reciever.. It's strange..
    CAR INFO HERE
    "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Follow the link in my signature to the FAQ Emporium. Check the "Beginner's guide to GPS" (number 4 under "Other").
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Gaaaah! When I plug in my GPS to my serial port, my mouse starts running all over the screen, randomly clicking things!

Your operating system has mistaken the GPS for a serial mouse. Disable the serial mouse.

Ok... thanks.. But my GPS reciever is USB not serial.. Tell me how i can disable USB mouse? My Bios has nothing about usb mouse support. What if i want to run a usb mouse as well as a USB mouse reciever? The reciever isn't plugged into a HUB or anything else.. It's on its own port off the Motherboard.
      CAR INFO HERE

Comment

Originally posted by vxcarpc
        Gaaaah! When I plug in my GPS to my serial port, my mouse starts running all over the screen, randomly clicking things!

Your operating system has mistaken the GPS for a serial mouse. Disable the serial mouse.

Ok... thanks.. But my GPS reciever is USB not serial.. Tell me how i can disable USB mouse? My Bios has nothing about usb mouse support. What if i want to run a usb mouse as well as a USB mouse reciever? The reciever isn't plugged into a HUB or anything else.. It's on its own port off the Motherboard.

What????

The answer is a the empirium like bugbyte said so go
        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Ok.. Well after sucesfully having my head bit off after reading the entire "emporium" section I might try a few things listed in there that it could be however still dosen't completely answer my question but anyhow thanks people.. I guess.
          CAR INFO HERE

Comment

Most GPS receivers that are USB are actually serial. By that, I mean that even though you plug it into the USB port, there is an application that bridges the input over to the serial port. If you had to select a com port for your USB GPS to work, then your GPS can be mistaken by your operating system as a serial mouse.

If not, then I am curious as to the cause. If you find out what it is, please post the answer as I do not believe this is in the FAQ for USB GPS's. I've never heard of a USB GPS doing this.
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:

Comment

2 main things:

1.Get the newest drivers for you reciver.
              2.check for conflicts in device manager.

Edit:

check this thread and see if you problem is the same:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...usb+gps+serial
              RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
              We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

h i do have latest drivers.. The strange thing is sometimes i could boot up and it will go nuts and hten i hit reboot after not changing anything and it comes up alright.. It's a bit touch and go.. I did try to find a mouse device but when it boots up ok there isn't anything.. only the GPS device.. I might have to boot into safe mode and check it out but thanks for your suggestions..
                CAR INFO HERE

Comment

I'm still not clear about your GPS mouse. What brand is it? Does it use a serial to USB software bridge app or not?

Is it plugged in to a hub? When you say boot...do you mean resume from hiberate or start from scratch?
                  Want to:

Comment

check your bios to see if there is a setting that will allow you to manually set the serial port's address (don't leave it in auto). Some bioses also have a setting to assign interrupts for USB ports / devices - make sure there are no conflicts. If set to auto and Windows boots, it might reassign confilicting resources to the devices / port - even if no serial mouse is actually plugged in
                    Carputer revision !! (arghh - getting costlier than originally expected )
                    Vehicle 1: P4-2.4/PM800-M2/512MB/160GB/WLan/dual battery/Xantrex400/700IDT
                    Vehicle 2: AMD-XP2500/A7V400 MX/512/120GB//WLan/Xantrex400/700TS

Comment

Working...
                    X