Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS clone emulator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GPS clone emulator

    Building my car computer, it occours to me that the GPS is monopolized by whatever program is using it. So I couldnt say have a GPS program reading speed at the same time iguidance is going.

    My solution to this problem is make software based comports that behave like they are a GPS providing data when in fact the software is reading its own data in from the actuall GPS and feeding it appropriately to the virtual serial ports.

    Before I put effort into making this, first I wonder if a similar program exsists? If not ill get right on that.
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

    Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

    Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

  • #2
    jajaja that is a good one

    It already exist... is call:

    Xcompass(freware) and gpsgate(you can try it for 30 days)

    ohh this n00bs....
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

    Nissan Aux-in MOD


    Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PURDooM
      Building my car computer, it occours to me that the GPS is monopolized by whatever program is using it. So I couldnt say have a GPS program reading speed at the same time iguidance is going.

      My solution to this problem is make software based comports that behave like they are a GPS providing data when in fact the software is reading its own data in from the actuall GPS and feeding it appropriately to the virtual serial ports.

      Before I put effort into making this, first I wonder if a similar program exsists? If not ill get right on that.
      There are many.

      Do a search for virtual com ports on this board.

      Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by thanatos106
        jajaja that is a good one

        It already exist... is call:

        Xcompass(freware) and gpsgate(you can try it for 30 days)

        ohh this n00bs....
        Damn your fast. And yes, the Noobs. Ar there alot these days, or am I just more sensitive to it.

        Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

        Comment


        • #5
          I use www.franson.biz 's GPSGate
          Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
          Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

          Comment


          • #6
            hey steve I don't recall what you using for GPS soft is it MM or FD?
            RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

            Nissan Aux-in MOD


            Originally posted by bgoodman
            We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by thanatos106
              Michael:
              You are too sensitive..... sorry if I make you cry
              ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by thanatos106
                oh and I love to curse in spanish entonces si mandaste a todos para la mierda ve y comete una tu.
                Uh, ya, but is it like wiping your *** with silk?

                Michael
                ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lol, my bad. So I guess this obvious need has already been fulfilled and quite well :P
                  Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

                  Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

                  Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeap thanks anyway..

                    let us see you ride as soon as you are done
                    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

                    Nissan Aux-in MOD


                    Originally posted by bgoodman
                    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by thanatos106
                      hey steve I don't recall what you using for GPS soft is it MM or FD?
                      My fioncee uses Centrafuse's D3 support.

                      I'm working on my own stuff but still use Centrafuse + D3 for daily stuff.
                      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by stevieg
                        My fioncee uses Centrafuse's D3 support.

                        I'm working on my own stuff but still use Centrafuse + D3 for daily stuff.

                        So is D3 but in conjuntion with Mapmonkey or FreeDrive?? because if is Mapmonkey I have some questions for you...

                        Thanks...

                        Thanatos
                        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

                        Nissan Aux-in MOD


                        Originally posted by bgoodman
                        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by thanatos106
                          jajaja that is a good one

                          It already exist... is call:

                          Xcompass(freware) and gpsgate(you can try it for 30 days)

                          ohh this n00bs....

                          i think you mean xport and compass. maybe im wrong...

                          but you can find those two programs in curiosity 's signiture
                          I wish i knew how to do fiberglass work...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well I shouldn't called xcompass (is a conjuntion of the two names, it was use by the autor once if I don't recall wrong) one is compass and the other is Xport.You can find more info here:

                            http://curioustech.home.insightbb.com/compass.htm
                            RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

                            Nissan Aux-in MOD


                            Originally posted by bgoodman
                            We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You can also search google for "NMEA Simulator".

                              Derek
                              Progress [||-------]
                              View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
                              Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X