Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iguidance + rikaline 6010, gps "skips"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iguidance + rikaline 6010, gps "skips"

    ok i tried my gps today just driving to the store, 1st time ever in the car pc, iguidance status window was showing great signal, between 5/8 and 7/8 locked sats all times, but, every few blocks, its stops, then starts tracking again like a block later, and my arrow turns red for that time. its like it looses signlal but it shows 7/8 sats locked, but everything just kinda freezes for a block or so, even where it shows NMEA stuff stops. its in the same place where i used it with my laptop and it was very acurate, now it seems a little slow even when it is working.

    i used the same reciever and software on my laptop and it worked great.

    my system;
    rikaline 6010 usb gps
    iguidance 2.1
    epox mATX board
    mobile athlon underclocked to 900mhz
    256 DDR333
    40gb 5400rpm 2.5" samsung
    motorola 802.11g pci
    onboard video + tview 7"
    opus 150w (screen ran off seprate regulator)

  • #2
    i figured it out, it was my usb extension cable, it was a belkin, 6ft i belive.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thread resurrection time.


      I'm having the same exact problem with my rikaline unit. I'm not using a usb extension cable, it's directly connected to the computer. It used to work perfectly, but then it started to get wacky.

      iGuidance would only update every few minutes or so. It would show that i'm connected to 6-8 sats, but the NMEA info box would show a NMEA line then freeze and update after a few minutes.
      Now the past couple of days I'm not even locking on to any sats. I've read some thraeds that this might be related to the internal battery, I'll have to check that.

      But has anyone else experienced this problem as well? were you able to resolve it?
      Installed
      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

      Check Out My Install!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok I switched the port that the unit was connected to and so far it's been updating the NMEA info very second. And I'm connected to 5 sats.

        I still have to test it while driving, hope it was this simple.
        Installed
        Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
        512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
        Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
        [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

        Check Out My Install!!!

        Comment

        Working...
        X