Help I leave Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I leave Saturday

I first purchased the Earthmate gps. It works fine on my car pc as well as my laptop. What it lacks is turn by turn directions, with voice command. Well I went to Fry,s Electronics and bought Iguidance, because I saw everyone praising it. Well for what ever reason I can't get it to read the gps mouse. It reads no satelites. But it does when I use street atlas and it reads the satelites and works fine. What do I do? Do I need a different gps mouse or what?

I don't have a first hand experience with your receiver, but as far as I know their website has downloadable drivers for third-party applications.

Comment

The old Earthmates do not use NMEA or Sirf protocols but instead use Rockwell, which is not supported in iGuidance. Street Atlas is about the only thing which will work with Rockwell.
      MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
      Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

This has been covered many times before. A quick on Earthmate and iGuidance will show you many threads, one of which explains exactly what you need to do.

BTW, when you say "it lacks turn by turn directions, with voice commands", I'm assuming you mean the software that comes with the Earthmate, i.e. Street Atlas. The last time I checked, SA has both of these features. iGuidance only gives voice directions - it does not accept voice commands, which SA does.

Comment

Originally posted by ithertz
          I first purchased the Earthmate gps. It works fine on my car pc as well as my laptop. What it lacks is turn by turn directions, with voice command. Well I went to Fry,s Electronics and bought Iguidance, because I saw everyone praising it. Well for what ever reason I can't get it to read the gps mouse. It reads no satelites. But it does when I use street atlas and it reads the satelites and works fine. What do I do? Do I need a different gps mouse or what?
          You could try this, but you will have to somehow get it in time.

Of course, you can purchase a different receiver.

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

It is a brand new unit that came with map software, it is not the old unit. I will check what you have given me I thank you for your help.

Comment

It is a brand new unit that came with map software, it is not the old unit. I will check what you have given me I thank you for your help.

Well, if it is NMEA, then perhaps you have not setup the com port correctly on IG.

Windows sometimes will assign a device to a high com port, which IG can not detect on it's own.

Go into device manager "control panel-->system-->hardware-->device manager" and check to see where your GPS is listed. First, do you have any Yellow Question markes on that screen. If yes, then you need to fix that. If not, then click on your GPS receiver, and check the port that is assigned to the unit. It might be in the advanced tab, I can't check since I am at work. Then, see if you can choose that com port in IG. You won't be able to autodetect it, you must choose it manually. If the com port isn't available in IG, you can change the com port setting in the device manager screen that you were just at. Windows will say something like the com port is in use (You can choose ports that are in use, don't worry about that), just click O.K., and it should assign it to that com port. Be aware, if there is actually something on that com port, you may have issues with that device, and may need to change the port, or reinstall it.

Michael
              ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

hey thanks for the info. I will try that tonight when I get home and let everyone know if it worked.

Comment

I got it to work thanks for everyones help.

Comment

I got it to work thanks for everyones help.
                    HOW?

Michael

Comment

Working...
                    X