ONINE PETITION: TomTom Navigator for PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONINE PETITION: TomTom Navigator for PC

Well I've posted my love for TomTom several times before from my experience with it on my PocketPC, and I decided it was time to take action. I finally acuired iGuidance for PC and boy I am disappointed. As said by many, GPS software for the PC sucks. (I hear CoPilot is half decent but painfully overpriced) . I wrote to TomTom a while ago telling them how kickass their software was and that I wanted them to port a version for PC, and they e-mailed me back saying they'll think about it. Well, a year later, not much has happened on the PC side of GPSnavigation. TomTom hasn't announced any plans to port their software (I'm not surprised. My e-mail probably didn't even get to R&D), and so we're stuck with good(not great) software like Destinator and Iguidance.

SO, I'm going to start an online petition, but I thought I'd run the statement by you guys for mistakes, suggestions, additions, etc. So I wrote on up and here it is. Please post your feedback so I can edit, start, and send the petition to TomTom. Thanks!

To: TomTom International

We, the Car PC community, strongly urge you to port your successful TomTom Navigation Software to the Personal Computer.

We believe that your current version of TomTom Navigator for PocketPC and the TomTomGo Standalone Unit is undoubtedly the most feature-rich, user-friendly Mapping/GPS Routing application currently available, making it the absolute best solution for PocketPC users those who purchase the TomTomGo . However, as automobile/computer enthusiasts who use a personal computer in our automobiles (whether one installed in the car or using a notebook) and wish to implement GPS navigation in our cars, we feel left in the dark. Sadly, the few GPS navigation software packages currently available for the PC platform are lacking in features and slow to develop into software useful for in-car navigation. We have seen that TomTom Navigation is the best navigation software on the market but are disappointed with current GPS Navigation software available for the PC and wish we wouldn’t have to spend time modifying bad software to make it marginally better but nowhere near in par with excellent software such as TomTom Navigator.

We are proud to say we would buy a PC version of TomTom Navigator if it became available and believe that there would be a market for such software because of the large size of the Car PC community. We wish that you take our signatures of our petition into consideration in deciding the future of TomTom Navigator and hope one day we will be running TomTom Navigator PC in our cars one day.

Sincerely,
    The Undersigned

Well...Did anything every become of this? I'd like the TomTom software on PC too.

Comment

Well, it seems this topic has a lot of interest among the users of this board. . .
      Project BioHazardous Material || BioHazard . LU
      ████████████████░░░░ CAR
      ████████████░░░░░░░░ LAPTOP
      █████████████░░░░░░░ FRONT-END SKIN
      ██████████████░░░░░░ PERIPHERALS
      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ INTEGRATION

Comment

hmm odd everybody loves TomTom and when somebody ask for help in writing to them it get ignored.

Comment

It looks well written to me...

I'll be more than happy to post it up to them...

Just give me the word!

Peace,

Rafster
          Post # 3000

Comment

I want to send it as well, but couldn't get an email address off the TomTom site

Comment

http://www.tomtom.com/support/suppor...D=2&Language=4
              Post # 3000

Comment

Yeah I can email through the site, but it wants to know what product model you have etc.

Comment

Just put that you have the PDA Version.....
                  Post # 3000

Comment

I saw the motorcycle tom tom so crazy ... Then later that day I saw someone with a bike like mine (kawasaki z1000) with it installed. Looked great someday I will own one also.
                    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

I've sent them too.

Do you have any idea what to user in carPC in europe?

Comment

Originally posted by monacoo
                        I've sent them too.

Do you have any idea what to user in carPC in europe?
                        Destinator?
                        Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

The number of units they are likely to sell is tiny compared to their other products so your petition is not going to suddenly make it worth it to them.

If you look at the price of the pda/mobile versions you'll see that even if they did make a version for PC it wouldn't be very cheap either.

Rather than waste time with this, why not help make a decent alternative?

Comment

Well, you should all give up on TomTom. I'm filing suit against them for copyright infringement. I have the name Tom copyrighted, and they used it twice. So they're going to have to pay! Muhahahahahaha!!!
                            So far:
                            M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Originally posted by ElKeeed
                              The number of units they are likely to sell is tiny compared to their other products so your petition is not going to suddenly make it worth it to them.

If you look at the price of the pda/mobile versions you'll see that even if they did make a version for PC it wouldn't be very cheap either.

Rather than waste time with this, why not help make a decent alternative?
                              Nothing ventured nothing gained, it doesn't hurt to send them an email or sign a petition. I also created a thread about a multiple platform opensource GPS nav solution that is currently out, but that thread received luke warm reviews as the software still needs work and is incomplete. If you wish to contribute to that project I can get you the link to their opensource site.

Comment

Working...
                              X