Navigation for linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation for linux

What navigation software is out there for the linux platform?

Linux GPS

Well this should get you start in Linux for navigation you will need two things

1. gpsd - this is what links you gps device to a device linux can understand (example /dev/ttsUSB0 )

2. gpsdrive - I use this but mostly for wardriving. You could use it for navigation but the problem is you have to manuly download maps and save them before hand. There is a script built in to do this but you need to know the long and lad to download them.

I hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by wickedclown213
      Well this should get you start in Linux for navigation you will need two things

1. gpsd - this is what links you gps device to a device linux can understand (example /dev/ttsUSB0 )

2. gpsdrive - I use this but mostly for wardriving. You could use it for navigation but the problem is you have to manuly download maps and save them before hand. There is a script built in to do this but you need to know the long and lad to download them.

I hope this helps
      I installed GPSdrive but cant get it running with FC4. The program pops up with the initial logo screen and then closes. I'm a linux newby so I still have a lot to learn.

I also installed the RPM packages for GPSD but have no clue where it installed to

Comment

Working...
      X