amp causing interference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp causing interference

I have been having problems with my gps since i got it. i couldn't get a sat lock with my carpc running, but it worked fine in the car running off my laptop. I quickly narrowed the problem down to some sort of interference. however, i had no idea where it was comming from. As many people suggested, i tried to change my monitor refresh rate, but it made no difference. I also disconnected every piece of hardware attached to the carpc, still not any better. today, as a last resort i disconnected my amplifier and Bang! gps gets 6 sats.

Now the question is what can i do to remedy the problem other that disconnecting my amp? Everything is grounded well. I do have the computer and the amp running off the same set of power cable, would that make a difference? What about heaver guage wire? Its a sony explode 1000 watt amp, currently running 8 guage to it. no capacitor or anything. the gps is a rikaline 6010.
    System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

any ideas?
    System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

Working...
    X