Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iGuidance POI?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iGuidance POI?

    How do I get POI on iGuidance?

    Not the ones I put in, I mean like download POI?
    2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

  • #2
    BUMP...I am interested in seeing if anyone has developed anything like this...AFAIK there is nothing for Iguidance.
    2005 Black Chevy Impala
    Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

    Comment


    • #3
      Bump again
      ----------------------
      C134 Case
      VIA EPIA M10000
      FrodoPlayer
      iGuidance + GPS
      7" touchscreen LCD
      2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
      - V6 216hp
      - KYB-AGX adjustable struts
      - Konei Alloy 17" rims + Pirelli P-Zero's
      - AEM slotted brakes
      - AEM CAI

      Comment


      • #4
        Ive been throwing together an app that archives yellow pages from superpages.com and then enters the coordinates it spiders from the web page into iguidance.

        But what custom POI would you put in that it doesn't already know?

        I still don't know how to make the custom POI appear on the map.
        Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

        Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

        Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow, so all these screenshots Ive been seeing of iGuidance with POI icons have all been put into the program by the user? Wow, that sucks...lmfao
          2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CavityCr33p
            Wow, so all these screenshots Ive been seeing of iGuidance with POI icons have all been put into the program by the user? Wow, that sucks...lmfao
            No, the screenshots are of the built in POI.
            Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

            Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

            Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

            Comment


            • #7
              isn't iGuidance able to use contacts from Outlook? (it does on my iPaq)
              so..loading them into Outlook Contacts is all that's req'd to get them into iGuidance (in my iPaq)

              I'ven't tried this w/ the PC version of iGuidance.
              •Micke

              Comment


              • #8
                How do you get the built in poi?

                In any town Ive been to, Ive yet to see any poi.
                2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PURDooM
                  Ive been throwing together an app that archives yellow pages from superpages.com and then enters the coordinates it spiders from the web page into iguidance.
                  I'm definitely interested in this. Please let us know when you're done with it.
                  iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                  CFX - Skin for Road Runner

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Alright, but it probably won't be for a while. The interface looks like crud and its not very practical yet. It does navigate to the locations in iGuidance, but it doesn't yet know where you are yet so it cant list businesses by distance.

                    http://img358.exs.cx/img358/5940/igphonebook3lx.jpg

                    However... it does collect alot more informantion that the iGuidance POI DB does not have like featured products, payment options, and hours of operation... thats usefull stuff there.
                    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

                    Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

                    Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Impressive. I'm gonna ask the obivous question. Where to download?
                      iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                      CFX - Skin for Road Runner

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This feature would be very cool. We are using IGuidance as our in-car interface and Google Maps to track vechiles from the web.

                        The google Maps API has spawned so many cool projects. One example:

                        An app that monitors gas prices and plots them on a map. Based on price the user can work out the cheapest place to fill up.

                        If we could pull this info already available on the webserver and import it into IGuidiance think of the hacks that could be made.
                        Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
                        http://www.858graphics.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CavityCr33p
                          How do you get the built in poi?

                          In any town Ive been to, Ive yet to see any poi.
                          Menu -> display options -> custom poi -> all
                          Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

                          Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

                          Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 12Vsystems
                            This feature would be very cool. We are using IGuidance as our in-car interface and Google Maps to track vechiles from the web.

                            The google Maps API has spawned so many cool projects. One example:

                            An app that monitors gas prices and plots them on a map. Based on price the user can work out the cheapest place to fill up.

                            If we could pull this info already available on the webserver and import it into IGuidiance think of the hacks that could be made.
                            Why not ditch Iguidance then?

                            Destinator has an SDK and the forum already has several members working on pretty cool applications. I'm using cdrskull's Free Drive and it is quite good! I think he has some plans up his sleeve to incorporate some of these types of features...it already has the ability to import speed camera locations (used often in Europe)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have spent a lot of time working with destinators SDK, we developed our own app only to run into the dll expiry problem. We were give the new SDK which is different from the orginal and required us to re-write code that we never even had a chance to release.

                              IGuidance looks nice, has better routing and is cheaper. With the modifcations made by some of the people here it is the best GPS solution I've seen.
                              Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
                              http://www.858graphics.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X