nmea -> garmin protocol conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nmea -> garmin protocol conversion

any thoughts on how to get a non-garmin GPS to work with Garmin software (nroute)?

gpsgate provides garmin -> nmea protocol conversion but I need to go the other way.

Delaying purchase of iguidance as long as possible, budgets blown, already own nroute/mapsource6 with necessary licenses.
    99 Explorer: Dell Axim X5, Garmin iQue 1620, Dell TrueMobile wifi
    97 Venture: MII12k,512M,3.5" 80G,7" Xenarc,Holux GM-210, Keyhole Cam, Scanner + CB --> audio in
    currently: installing (finally!)

want to know an answer, i blew my garmin gps unit dote!
    [4Runna]

next - wifi

Comment

thought i'd let you know

gps gate converts garmin to other protocols, but you need something that converts other protocols to garmin to make nroute work

its coming in the update of gpsgate... google it

you want v1.2
      [4Runna]

next - wifi

Comment

Originally posted by nsmoller
        thought i'd let you know

gps gate converts garmin to other protocols, but you need something that converts other protocols to garmin to make nroute work

its coming in the update of gpsgate... google it

you want v1.2
        what he said

I searched hours & hours to do the exact same thing you're trying to do, and came to the conclusion that GPSGate v1.2 (not yet released) is the only solution, and it's probably not going to be perfect (I heard it couldn't display satellite info, only 2d/3d fix location)

I ended *cough* trying iGuidance, and I really love it. I'll buy it as soon as budget permits it!

Comment

You can use GPSProxyPC. Checkout my reply on the other thread.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=nroute

Comment

Working...
          X