Iguidance POI icon size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iguidance POI icon size

I may be gettin a bit too greedy here but i was wonderin if anyone has changed the physical size of the POI icons in iguidance. I've been tryin a few hours now with the resource hacker and i cant get iguidance to allow icons larger than 32x32. I was tryin to get at least 64x64 so that its at least clickable witha fingertip. I consider myself a novice at hacking this prog. So can anyone figure out a way to get iguidance to allow BIGGER icons?
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

search forum for Skinbedder or iGmod. It's not exactly what you're asking, but it is a possible alternative.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
      I may be gettin a bit too greedy here but i was wonderin if anyone has changed the physical size of the POI icons in iguidance. I've been tryin a few hours now with the resource hacker and i cant get iguidance to allow icons larger than 32x32. I was tryin to get at least 64x64 so that its at least clickable witha fingertip. I consider myself a novice at hacking this prog. So can anyone figure out a way to get iguidance to allow BIGGER icons?
      Theres alot of values you might have to mess with in the hex to get larger than 32x32 icons.

If it were me trying to solve the problem, I would write a program to read the image of the map and attempt to indentify what is / where is the poi icons. Perhaps its also possible to get the physical screencoordinates of where they are drawing too if one could indentify what function is called in memory to draw a POI icon (because it would only be logical at some point there is a master 'drawpoiicon' function.

Once you have the coordinates of where the icons should be, its trivial to make a program to put your own icons in place.
      Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

You can change the POI images and I think you can change the size.

I would start by looking through resource hacker.

The down side to Iguidance's POI is there is no way to insert your own information.

Comment

Originally posted by PURDooM
          Theres alot of values you might have to mess with in the hex to get larger than 32x32 icons.

If it were me trying to solve the problem, I would write a program to read the image of the map and attempt to indentify what is / where is the poi icons. Perhaps its also possible to get the physical screencoordinates of where they are drawing too if one could indentify what function is called in memory to draw a POI icon (because it would only be logical at some point there is a master 'drawpoiicon' function.

Once you have the coordinates of where the icons should be, its trivial to make a program to put your own icons in place.
          Yea like i said i'm a novice at this. I wouldnt even know where to begin to do that.

You can change the POI images and I think you can change the size.

I would start by looking through resource hacker.

The down side to Iguidance's POI is there is no way to insert your own information.
          I know how to change the poi icons, that part is much simpler than changing the size. I've gone thru every bit of the file with resource hacker, in the icon group section it has the file size listed and its possible to overwrite but it doesnt save when you save the .exe . AFAIK there is no other way to change the size and there's no point to change the icons if they're gonna be the same size as the existing ones.

Comment

Sounds like a project for iGmod. I like the program, looks good. I happen to like FreeDrive better but that just opinion. Keep up the good work and get those POI's to show up bigger.

Comment

i just might have to use igmod. But right now i'm using igskinner from way back and i have it looking just the way i want it.

Comment

try using resource hacker to look in different DLL files, you will find the bitmap of the logo you can change it for any bitmap in Destinator so why not IG
                My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuned Vitesse
                  try using resource hacker to look in different DLL files, you will find the bitmap of the logo you can change it for any bitmap in Destinator so why not IG

IG likes to hardcode the size to alot of things into their program. I tried editing the menu file via reshacker to make it larger and it didnt work.

General question to people: Whenever I have tried to use resedit my new iguidance is not cappable of viewing the favorite destinations and crashes. How do you make your iG stable? It would be nice to figure out how to edit out the built in menu button.

Is resedit the wrong program to use?

Comment

i use reshacker. If youre talkin about the read menu button all you have to do is replace it with a 1x1 white .bmp. This is what my screen currently looks like cept the zoomed ETA box is actually over top of the smaller eta box hiding it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                      i use reshacker. If youre talkin about the read menu button all you have to do is replace it with a 1x1 white .bmp. This is what my screen currently looks like cept the zoomed ETA box is actually over top of the smaller eta box hiding it.
                      Sexy.

Comment

Sexy.

Thank you. I'm actually satisfied as is but i wouldnt mind bein spoiled with the bigger POI and possibly having the two street name bars bigger

Comment

Sonic,
                          is that running stand alone or is it running embeded into a front end? just wondering because of the media controls at the bottom.

i have been using Mapmonkey and Destinator because of it embeding into Frodo and me being able to adjust my music volume and track, etc from the gps screen.

is that all done in the theme.ini?

Comment

Sonic: How did you remove the text "menu" on the menu button?

Comment

Working...
                            X