USB micro GPS antennas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB micro GPS antennas?

Has anyone here seen a usb micro gps antenna? I used to have a pioneer avicn1 and the gps antenna was only a inch square. Most of the usb antennas I've seen look they would be 2-3 inches square. The one that came with the pioneer was great because it looked almost identical to the Terk xmicro for xm.

If you're asking about just the antenna part, then this Micro Mouse is 1.3 x 1.0 inches. It's not usb because there's no receiver to it. You have to plug the antenna into a gps receiver. I don't think there are any usb gps mice (antenna + receiver) that are quite this small.

Comment

OK next question. Where would I find a gps receiver that has a usb port?

Comment

I'm not sure I'm understanding you. You want to plug a usb device into a gps receiver??? GPS receivers can plug into usb ports, they don't have usb ports.

Comment

What I mean't was a gps receiver that plugs into a usb port that will accept a micro gps antenna. The idea is to have navigation without having a huge chunk of junk of a gps antenna on a car. I don't think my clients will want a 2 or 3 inch square gps antenna on their expensive car.

Comment

So get a micro mouse antenna, and an OEM GPS module which and a USB-RS232 adapter.

http://www.dellanave.com/projects/carpc/oncore_gps.php

Done.

Comment

Working...
            X