• Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006

Its got voice now.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...abilityPR.mspx
    B Smoov
    Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Hopefully it doesnt suck at directions and is integratable.
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Ive never had any problems with its directions... As for integrate-able what are you looking for? Sticking a front end on it?

Speaking of front ends and mapping software

http://virtualearth.msn.com

And there is a contest to make a cool app with the APIs @

http://www.viavirtualearth.com

Perhaps do something with it combined with WiFi and GPS...
      B Smoov
      Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

Sample Sound

Yes, S&T talks, but the sound is ugly (in comparison to iGuidance)

MS Streets & Trips 2006: MP3 format or WMA format

iGuidance: MP3 format or WMA format

12 page review of new features (the good & the bad) >> click me <<

Comment

The iguidance chick almost sounds Irish.. hot

Comment

too bad there's no 3d view.

Comment

Yes, I agree. (What were they thinking ) The lack of 3D is likely the most important factor for which I will still not use it for navigation, even though it has improved quite a lot over the last two versions.

Comment

Oh man thanks for the voice sample.. I almost wasted the time to pirate a copy of this..

I own the 2005 version.. Even with the mail-in rebate it's a waste of money compared to i-guidance..

Oh yeah the voice in i-guidance is the same voice as this smoking hot lady that owns a liquor store/pub that I do work for. She's just as sweet as her voice is. If I ever wanted to add more voice to my PC I'd go bug her for some samples!

Comment

Ordered from Amazon, will get it on Tuesday. Frankly iGuidance is garbage, I used it for the first time to go somewhere in San Francisco, the damn thing would change its route every ten seconds and took me miles out of my way. The TomTom Navigator 5 software I have for my PDA was a million times better, but unfortunately TomTom doesn't make a PC version.

Comment

See and that's what I found was GOOD about i-guidance, it wasn't guilty of blasting me with way too many instructions. It tends to keep things alot more simple than MS Streets 04/05 when it comes to instructions and turns. Sure it could have even 'less' turns but everything is a work in progress?

Comment

the reason it kept changing directions every few seconds could be that your gps was losing signal/connection. I drove in the city when I still had my old gps and it couldn't lock steadily because of tall buildings around. However, with the new sirf III gps, I had no issues such as incorrect guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by ccblanket
                        the reason it kept changing directions every few seconds could be that your gps was losing signal/connection. I drove in the city when I still had my old gps and it couldn't lock steadily because of tall buildings around. However, with the new sirf III gps, I had no issues such as incorrect guidance.
                        I have a Sirf III puck, it's sitting right on my dash under the window. It can get a signal in my garage, it's definitely not the problem.

Comment

Merzbow, give iGuidance another try. Sometimes people may get completely wrong impression about a great product when judged purely based on one or two trips.

IGuidance has had good reviews from many users on different websites.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac
                            Merzbow, give iGuidance another try. Sometimes people may get completely wrong impression about a great product when judged purely based on one or two trips.

IGuidance has had good reviews from many users on different websites.
                            I'd give it more time if the interface wasn't so absolutely atrociously user-unfriendly and ugly. Companies complain about Microsoft moving into their markets, but put no effort into making their software easy-to-use, reliable, and affordable. Time to go home and check out my copy of S&T 2006.

Comment

WTF are you using? I can't do anything in MSS&T 04-05 with my car PC!

The interface for MSS&T is designed for tablet/mouse/keyboard and not at all touch/remote friendly. On the other hand I can do almost anything in i-guidance with a couple of EASY presses of buttons on my remote.

Plus the voice feedback and 3d views in i-guidance give me nerd-wood.

Comment

Working...
                              X