No announcement yet.

Open source GPS tracking (for your car)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open source GPS tracking (for your car)

Just found this site, it's a way to remotely track a GPS-enabled cell phone. Looks interesting - I'm going to investigate putting one in my car for monitoring purposes.

http://www.mologogo.com/

Cool stuff. $20 for 4 months isn't bad, I might have to look into this...

Comment

I just registered and am looking into it tonight since my girlfriend has a Nextel phone. If she has the data cable for her phone, I'll be able to try this in the next day or two. I'm very interested is this dirt cheap solution.

Comment

Originally posted by ImInSanDiego
        I just registered and am looking into it tonight since my girlfriend has a Nextel phone. If she has the data cable for her phone, I'll be able to try this in the next day or two. I'm very interested is this dirt cheap solution.
        Let us know how it goes, I'm curious.

Comment

Will do.

Question: does anybody have any experience with the wireless web rates on Boost Mobile or Nextel. Mologogo claims it's only 20 cents a day, but that seems rediculously cheap.

Comment

Copyright (C) 2005 GravityMonkey. All rights reserved.

THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT FAULT TOLERANT AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN ANY ENVIRONMENT WHICH REQUIRES THIS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NUCLEAR FACILITIES, MILITARY OPERATIONS, POWER PLANTS, BOWLING ALLEY PIN MACHINES, SPACE AND/OR TIME TRAVEL MACHINES
            Now this is interesting ,what are and who has time travel machines???? I like to buy one LOL ,is this happening!

Comment

I tried Mologogo on my girlfriend's phone, but I guess it's too cheap because I am not able to install programs on the phone. I was able to copy to the phone, but the phone has no Java menu to allow me to install the program. I am going to try with a Boost mobile phone that I have to buy. Anybody have luck with this yet?

Comment

Working...
              X