Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iGuidance Button modification (Centrafuse style)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance Button modification (Centrafuse style)

DO NOT SEND ME PMs REGARDING THIS! Post on the thread if you have questions.

I've been tinkering with ResHacker, making all the iGuidance menu buttons larger, and also tried to make them somewhat Centrafuse-like. I also modified the button sizes and location, dialog sizes, etc. What's interesting is that I have all the buttons in place, they are large, and the whole area is 'clickable'.

IMPORTANT! If you enjoy this patch, please make a donation to PurDooM, who is creating iGmod and other awesome enhancements for iGuidance. We all benefit from his work, and it helps make iGuidance that much more usable. Rumor has it he is working on a stripped down version of iGmod that will overlay an OSK on top of this when needed.
    Paypal Donation for PurDoom!

===========================================
    DOWNLOAD FINAL VERSION(s) OF THER PATCH HERE

NEW!
    FOR VERSION 2.1NA of iGuidance:
    BLUE: http://igmod.iamjeremy.com/iGBigButtons-BLUE-21NA.zip
    AMBER:http://igmod.iamjeremy.com/iGBigButtons-AMBER-21NA.zip

FOR VERSION 2.1.1NA of iGuidance:
    BLUE: http://igmod.iamjeremy.com/iGBigButtons-BLUE-211NA.zip
    AMBER:http://igmod.iamjeremy.com/iGBigButtons-AMBER-211NA.zip

FOR VERSION 2.1.2NA of iGuidance:
    BLUE: http://igmod.iamjeremy.com/iGBigButtons-BLUE-212NA.zip
    AMBER:http://igmod.iamjeremy.com/iGBigButtons-AMBER-212NA.zip

KNOWN BUGS:
    1) The mute button, and the menu button, are slightly larger than their 'clickable' area. This cannot be changed, since the clickable area is hardcoded for these buttons. Just hit the buttons dead center and you'll be fine.
    2) The POI buttons have a smaller font on version 2.1.2NA. The font size is hardcoded in these buttons, so it cannot be changed. Other versions seem to have larger font on these buttons.

Thanks to PurDOOM for hosting these files!

If it doesn't patch, you must have the wrong version, or you are not patching a fresh/unmodified copy of iGuidance.exe.
    ===========================================
    Attached Files
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Reserved post for more pics
    Attached Files
    2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Really good work - are you going to be able to include this with Purdoom's igMod?
      My install log
      My "selling entire system" thread

Comment

Not sure about that... I mean, he is creating completely new menus with iGmod, which are overlayed. I don't think it would make sense for him to add this?
        2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
          I've been tinkering with ResHacker, making all the iGuidance menu buttons larger, and also tried to make them somewhat Centrafuse-like. I will change the actual icon images later.... what's interesting is that I have all the buttons in place, they are large, and the whole area is 'clickable'.

Here is what I have so far... it's a lot of work dammit, but it is worth it.

hi i am a newbie and just installed iguidance with frodo plyer and was have difficulty in navigating. i really like these buttons how do i put them in iguidance? what is ResHack? can you please help thanks

Comment

Originally posted by akberpaf
            what is ResHack?
            http://www.google.com/search?hs=5Yu&...er&btnG=Search

And nah, igmod wouldn't need this. I don't even actually load the iguidance menu anymore, instead I use a workaround to press the appropriate buttons.

Look forward to seeing how this turns out tho
            Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

OK, I have become an expert in iGuidance button hacking

Basically, everything can be enlarged, except for the OSKs. Oh well...

At any rate, this is sooo much more pleasent to use now. Another screenie... I am 95% done!
              Attached Files
              2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

another menu, showing both skins... (Blue and Amber)
                Attached Files
                2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

If anybody has had success actually making the font LARGER, please let me know.
                  2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
                    OK, I have become an expert in iGuidance button hacking

Basically, everything can be enlarged, except for the OSKs. Oh well...

At any rate, this is ooo much mor pleasent to use now. Another screenie... I am 95% done!
                    this is beautiful keep up the good work

Comment

Wow, excellent work!!! Have you noticed any speed issues with doing this hack to the images?

Comment

No, there is no speed hit. It really makes no difference.

Originally posted by Uno3whO
                        Wow, excellent work!!! Have you noticed any speed issues with doing this hack to the images?
                        2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Can you replace to a larger icons for the buttons?
                          I am more interest in replace/enlarge that "menu" button.
                          For sure, other folks also interest in making it more user friendly. Procedure? icons/dialoge name/number so they can mod the exe themself cuz distribuiting the exe is "illegal" right?
                          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                            For sure, other folks also interest in making it more user friendly. Procedure? icons/dialoge name/number so they can mod the exe themself cuz distribuiting the exe is "illegal" right?
                            I can modify up a copy of igpatcher to distribute this.

JIT: When you are done with the exe message me. However, what version are you doing this on? If it is 2.0 the 2.0 exe is not compatable with the 2.1.x maps, so you may need to help me in making a 2.1.1 exe to distribute as well.
                            Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

I built it based on version: 2.1.2NA

There is no way on earth I will be able to apply all the images, and changes to dialog buttons etc. all over again to another version! We're talking at least 5 hours of manual work!!!!

Folks with 2.1.2NA are in luck, other will have to live without it. Sorry guys

Originally posted by PURDooM
                              I can modify up a copy of igpatcher to distribute this.

JIT: When you are done with the exe message me. However, what version are you doing this on? If it is 2.0 the 2.0 exe is not compatable with the 2.1.x maps, so you may need to help me in making a 2.1.1 exe to distribute as well.
                              Attached Files
                              2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Working...
                              X