GPS problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS problem

hey. i bought the GPS receiver BU-303 on ebay and i installed it into my laptop. i ran the GPS information where it tests if the GPS is working fine. and it shows that it does. but when i open iGuidance 2.1, it can't find it. and always keeps on asking to make sure that the GPS device is connected. what the heck is going on?

Make sure iguidence is reading the same port that your gps unit is really on.
    Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
    Via EPIA MII
    512MB RAM
    OEM GPS (embedded)
    nLite WinXP pro on
    1GB Extreme III CF card
    Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
    Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

cause my laptop is reading the GPS form COM6, or 4. how can i change in the iguidance to those ports?

Comment

not sure, check the iguidance documentation. I want to say a typical GPS port is 3 so in windows change the GPS port through device manager to 3 (unless you've got something else on that port)
        Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
        Via EPIA MII
        512MB RAM
        OEM GPS (embedded)
        nLite WinXP pro on
        1GB Extreme III CF card
        Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
        Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

Also check if your GPS mouse is set to MNEA protocol... iGuidance does not read SirF.

Comment

Tools-GPS options and set the com port and speed.
            Old setup
            Epia M10k, Cubid 2699R case, 512MB, 40GB 3.5" drive
            New setup
            Optiplex 260SX (2.8GHz P4, 512MB, 30GB, DVD)
            Xenarc 700IDT, USB hub, 802.11g, bluetooth, P2140, P5V

Comment

what the heck?!?!?!?! on my laptop i have 3 slots for the USB ports... but they are COM4,5, and 6!!! i don't have COM3 on my laptop...is there something that i'm missing???

Comment

uninstall and reinstall...

go into device manager and see what port ur gps is running at and then open iguidance and set that port from the gps settings and it should work

Comment

yeah. i uninstalled it and i just reinstalled it just now. and i rand the GPS info to see if i get any connection, and i do. i get about 4-6 satellites that are connected. and right now i'm GPS is connected to COM6, which is at the back of my laptop. any way i can change the GPS connection with iguidance? this i driving me crazy. i should be studying for my midterm that is in about 2 hours...but i'm not doing that...i'm just trying to fix this...haha..this is crazy

Comment

What options do you have in iGuidance ?? Mine goes up to com 16...

The com port of the USB GPS is determined by the driver and not by which USB socket it is plugged into.
                    Old setup
                    New setup

Comment

what you mean what options i have? are you talking about the main menu in the iguidance? if it is, i have destinations, route opts, speed alert, volume, map view, display opts, record, and GPS info. that's it. mine goes up to COM6. but can't find com1, 2, or 3...it's only COM4,5,and 6. HELP!!

Comment

Start iGuidance up on it's own so you can get to the menu bar accross the top (unless it's visable when you embed it) and goto tools-GPS options and set it in there..
                        Old setup
                        New setup

Comment

Or change it in the registry...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iNav\iGuidance <<<---I think (mine is iGuidance Europe)

CommPort and NMEABaud
                          Old setup
                          New setup

Comment

ok, i think i got it to change the COM to which my GPS is set to. but it's the changing...it's still at the same location. it's not changing to where i'm at. and the GPS Info is not changing. hmm....this is killing me...

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly (sorry if I'm not), but would the following solve the problem: on the menu bar click Tools > GPS Options > Auto Detect? (Make sure no other application uses your GPS receiver, only iGuidance.)

Comment

Working...
                              X